Author Topic: Awesome members on this forum!  (Read 27927 times)

Offline Gramophone

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • AVForums Veteran
Awesome members on this forum!
« on: June 17, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
Gents,

I just to want to share a recent encounter with one of our forum members.   I recently bought a pair of bookshelf speakers from a seller based in East London.  The seller was somehow reluctant to courier the speakers and very good reason maybe as it might get damage in transit.  In any case I convinced him to sell to me and told him I will arrange for the courier etc.  Me being also a bit hesitant to courier the speakers to avoid possible damage to it I contacted "Phase" (Alan) in East London and asked him if maybe knew of anybody who is travelling to Cape Town and would be prepared to bring the speakers with.  He responded that he didn't know anybody but that he is prepared to go and pick up the speakers from the seller's house and take with him to Port Elizabeth the Monday as he was travelling in that direction for work. And that it would be easier to get it from PE to CT than from EL to CT.  I told him that could work and offered him money for fuel and his trouble.  He refused to give his banking details to me!   
Alan then went the Sunday evening to the seller's house and collected the speakers.  He also offered to pack the speakers for me and to personally drop it off the Monday at the Star Express depot in PE.  Again he refused to take any money and would not respond to my request to send me his banking details.
Alan delivered the speakers at the courier depot in PE and they were couriered to CT.  I received the speakers very well and safely packed in a box that he went and buy specifically for it to be safely couriered...  And still he refuses to take any money from me.

All I can say THANKS very much Alan!  You are an absolute gentleman and great to have such wonderful, trusted and helpful members on this forum! :2thumbs:  I shall return the favor!
"Midnight is where the day begins"

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
Re: Awesome members on this forum!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 06:44:41 PM »
 :clap: :clap: Good man Phase!
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline ShadowZA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 07:12:51 PM »
Thanks for sharing this positive story, Gramophone.

Kudo's to you, Phase. What you did really warms the heart!  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Morne Coetzee

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • POWER | PRECISION | PURITY
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »
I absolutely agree. All the members on this forum I have had deali gs with I only have good things to say. A great bunch of friends always willing to help.  :2thumbs:
There is Always justification for more Amplification!

Offline Rodney_gold

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 08:29:49 PM »
above and beyond..the way the world should be ....
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:55:31 PM »
 :thumbs:  Very nice.  Especially the good packaging - "it's all about the packaging."
#SPOTIFYMUSTFALL

Offline Ampdog

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 11:01:02 PM »
Salutations to the member.

As said in the past, lets us post good experiences.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline dekardy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 11:20:06 PM »
With the doom and gloom staring us in the face daily, ok it not always that bad, it's really refreshing to hear stories like this. Kudos

Online Music_Lover

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 03:22:56 AM »
Awesome stuff Alan. I have the utmost faith in our forum members as well.
Midrand

Offline Phase

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 07:22:13 AM »
How's about this, Mike (fdlsys) send my SoundLabs interfaces up to be repaired at Mike's offer and  a serious amount of effort and winding a transformer later. "This ones on the house"

Or, Kane who GAVE me a Tom Evans phono stage. I loved this unit for over a year then passed it on. Has anyone heard from Kane of late??? I haven't in a bit now...

Or Rick who saw I was not having any luck finding a plate amp, built a MONSTER amp and wouldn't take any money for it! Also to be passed on.

Then Oom Schalk the man himself for his friendship and sending down replacement valves for Predator.

To zerO (Ron) for trusting me back then to pay off a very expensive item and shipped it down before I managed to even pay a cent!
RJ (Evan) for doing the same more than once!
Oom Schalk payed the man 3 cheques for the Predator.

My good friend Chris Templer what can I say the man is a legend!..

Brendon my good mate who gave me a pre when it was all I needed to press play. He couldn't afford to do it and I gave it back 2 months later however it's the thought, he gave it with full blessing knowing that someone else will derive so much pleasure from his kind deeds.

And Andre (kk), Eddie and the likes...

Then a man posts a thread in my favour for shipping a pair of speakers. Thank you Jannie! But truth be told I'm in debt to this wonderful forum and it's members for sometime to come...

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 07:44:00 AM »
 :thinking: :thinking:

Way to go gents  :2thumbs:

Mods how about making this a Sticky/Kudos thread or perhaps a Kudos counter like the feedback system?

I too have had some help from a number of guys here over the past few years.
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Kemosabe

• Undertaker
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 08:21:01 AM »
This is contagious. It makes one want to go out and help an audiophile. Kudos to all of you  :dop:
DIY hi-fi: the journey is the destination.

Offline RaWKiS_CT

• AVForums Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2016, 08:24:17 AM »
Agreed Gramophone, the members here really do rawk. Always something special happening here.

Offline Terra

• AVForums Member
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 12:48:31 PM »
These are the type of acts that really makes me smile, showing that we can still lend a helping hand. Daily I see people making life difficult for others and one tends to loose hope sometimes. I myself is the kind that will also assist where I can, even if the cost is for own pocket. But yah, I believe in the turning wheel and it has been proven to me time and time again!

When you come across stories like these, awesome just awesome! Phase, hats off to you sir..

Offline Nirvana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2016, 04:47:40 PM »
Hehe,Jan,reading this,didn't you find a bottle of Scotch hidden somewhere in one of the boxes?  :point:

Top stuff Alan,for paying all the good Karma fwd...  :pray:
And I know Alan is also a happy camper in the VA family,where one can't help but pay forward the integrity and generosity experienced here.

Great thread Jan,bound to sprout happy seeds!  :dop:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural