Author Topic: Munich show  (Read 1744 times)

Offline valvesound

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Audio designs creating exceptional character
Munich show
« on: June 09, 2016, 04:45:30 PM »
Schalk....You attended the Munich High End audio show right? Can you give us some feedback please. Very interested to hear what the international crowd thought of your proudly SA gear. :rubhands:
Dont hold back....you may brag ....you have earned the right to do so  :thumbs:
One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds - Frank Zappa

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • valveaudio@absamail.co.za
    • Valve Audio
Re: Munich show
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 03:11:19 AM »
Hi Willem,

Bit late in the day as I must still get some sleep in before 0500....

I have given a short reply in post #122. http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,54183.120.html When I can elaborate some more I shall do so. Small point of interest, a Greek Manufacturer of a range of speakers heard the Predator in passing, and asked if he could go try it on his loudspeakers (funny looking but very, very good sounding loudspeakers). We went and hooked it up 2nd day of the show. He disconnected his Jeff Rowland Capri S2 Pre and Capri Model 102 power amp which retails in SA as a set for just on R150k I believe, plugged in the Predator and pressed play. Stood back with a huge smile and asked if he could demo his peakers with the Predator for the rest of the show.  :2thumbs:

A very happy Greek fella!

Offline Gramophone

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 06:54:48 AM »
^Fantastic  :2thumbs:
"Midnight is where the day begins"

Offline Nirvana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 02:08:18 PM »
^^ Bravo,VA,Bravo!  :notworthy:

A speaker builder who likes SOUL in his music  :cleansound:

Kudo's,mnr,but then again,I'm not surprised...  :groovy:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline valvesound

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Audio designs creating exceptional character
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 09:12:18 AM »
very impressive Schalk! So have you had interest for supply into the international market from the show? My experience with shows like these (not audio related) usually seem as if there is no immediate response but it does come later. 
I wish you all the best and holding thumbs  :thumbs:
One of my favorite philosophical tenets is that people will agree with you only if they already agree with you. You do not change people's minds - Frank Zappa

Offline Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 06:27:06 PM »
^^ Ditto! And Willem,and all the best with your personal venture as well,by all accounts very worthy of investigation!  :2thumbs:

Offline Marakasmalan

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 12:23:29 PM »
Name, details of Greek speaker manufacturer?

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 11:03:33 PM »
Name, details of Greek speaker manufacturer?

Kasselouris Vasilis
Compu Sound Labs
Athens

Nice Chap!

Offline hans

• AVForums Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 12:51:43 PM »
In retrospect Schalk, has the time and money spent to attend the show in Munich paid the expected dividends?

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 05:56:16 PM »
In retrospect Schalk, has the time and money spent to attend the show in Munich paid the expected dividends?

In a little way yes, probably R2 and 10 cents  :point:
This is not an overnight thing Hans, and I suspect many bigger guys than us had to go a time or two more than just once to eventually be noticed more than just in passing.

We are already booked for May next year again and shall ship off a bigger container than "last" year. We booked a bigger stand this time around and plan to take some CE ready stock as well. Also have a review booked as well for February with two Mags in Germany. Do not know the details yet, our German representative doing the groundwork there.

Our aim is to create awareness by plugging away for a few years at least until we get critical mass or go bust, whichever comes first. Our experience first time around was extremely positive in the response from visitors and trades folk in general. This has prompted us to go ahead and get the products CE compliant (which is really time consuming and very expensive when done right) so that we may indulge in some sales this time around if the opportunity comes salivating at our door.

We now know for certain that there really was a great deal of interest at the previous show. To just shrug and walk away would be a total waste of the money already spent.

Thanks for your interest.

Online King_Julian_S

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 06:46:22 PM »
Keep pushing sire or die trying 👍🏿👍🏿

👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 good luck 🍀 as well.
Non audiophile music lover...

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 07:46:37 PM »
Thanks KJ !

I shall give it my best effort until my final innings say "no more". This is after all my life, not enough time left to try anything else  :2thumbs:

Offline Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Wel ou Schalk,ons hou almal duim dat hd 'final innings' jou beste ooit sal wees,sodat jy 'not out' kan retire!

En troos jou daaraan dat jy op d forum alleen dalk al meer support het as wat d Springbokke nog het!  :point:

The best of Lady Luck's blessings for both you and Roy in the coming year...  :pray: