Author Topic: LampizatOr Gen 4 demo models in mint condition (limited & 1st come, 1st serve)  (Read 2471 times)

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Owner of Audio Tweak and LampizatOr local agent.
    • Audio Tweak
The LampizatOr Generation 4 are the most recent models to the Gen 5, the biggest difference is that the chassis is not as thick and there is more point to point wiring than the new models which in my opinion is actually better! Also the tubes are situated at the bottom of the chassis.

Grab those deals while you can, they will fly!

Very sought after!
LampizatOr Level 4 Black - Gen 4 - DSD128 only - No Volume - Single-Ended RCA in mint condition (show model + mint) = R44000 last unit available.  EURO retail new = Eur2900 + VAT.

LampizatOr Level 4 Black - Gen 4 - PCM only = R44000 last unit available. No Volume - Single-Ended RCA in mint condition (show model + mint) - EURO retail new = Eur2900 + VAT.

Truly on par with the Level 4 DAC!
LampizatOr Euforia = R39950 (Gen 5) on special/new.
LampizatOr Amber = R39950 (Gen 4) 2 units left - new! (tubes only accessible inside chassis)

The Level 4, Euforia as well as the Amber will embarrass much more expensive DACs out there. 
Getting the DSD only Level 4 is no big deal, the right software can allow PCM to up-sample to DSD.  This is a good thing since there is not conversion inside the DSD DAC and your music will play via the LampizatOr DSD engine. The sound is more liquid and natural via DSD on the LampizatOr!

Quotes on the LampizatOr DSD DACs (Euforia + DSD prototype):

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/07/04/lampizator-dsd-dac/
... "the LampizatOr handily trounced the sound quality of the Mytek DAC"
... "the Lampi is not only not embarrassed by the Da Vinci DAC, but that it can actually hang in that company brings to mind all manner of scrappy upstart imagery. This is the Lightning McQueen of DACs."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.stereomojo.com/Lampizator%20DSD%20DAC%20Review/LampizatorDSDDACReview.htm
..."The next project was for Wilson Audio. Dave and Daryl are as meticulous as I am about sound and this would be a good test for the Lampi. Track after track, I was actually enjoying the musicality from this DAC."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/lampizator-euforia-dac/
..." Frankly, the Euforia deserves comparison to my vinyl replay system, more than my DAC reference."
..." This Euforia delivers an intensely real experience of music at a very fair price."

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/state-euforia-26835/
..."the Lampi sounds more like recorded music and less than a component trying to reproduce it. Actually, it sounds an awful lot like I’m listening to actual master tapes"

..."The Lampi is more than just a DAC. It’s a file “re-animator” of sorts, as it breathes life and gives substance to the “natures mortes” presentation I’ve been getting so far from digital files. "

Euforia pic

Euforia inside view

« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:27:53 AM by audiotweaker »

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
I am sure christowp will take one.  He is already a convert

Its a nice looking piece of kit to be sure

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
I am sure christowp will take one.  He is already a convert

Its a nice looking piece of kit to be sure

Thanks!

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+33)
    • Audio Exchange
I have heard the Lampizator Level 4+ and what an amazing piece of kit! It beats every single DAC I ever hear excluding the dCS stack. To my ears on par or just better than Meitner's 25k GBP DAC!!

If I ever have the money the big one will be my ultimate source!
I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
I have heard the Lampizator Level 4+ and what an amazing piece of kit! It beats every single DAC I ever hear excluding the dCS stack. To my ears on par or just better than Meitner's 25k GBP DAC!!

If I ever have the money the big one will be my ultimate source!

Hi François!

Thanks for the feedback, I've heard that you might have heard it your side of the woods.
Since what you heard was the Level 4 and it beat the Meitner and DCS, why don't you grab one of these bargains? I will give you an extra discount so you can promote it on your side, when you want to buy the bigger models, I will help you trade it in or sell it, preferably sell it. ;)

And yes, the Golden Gate DAC is mind blowing, one can even use 300B's on it!

Great to hear from you!

PS: With your permission, may I use your quote on my LampizatOr threads here on the forum? ..."what an amazing piece of kit! It beats every single DAC I ever heard including the dCS stack. To my ears on par or just better than Meitner's 25k GBP DAC!!" (Francois/avforums.co.za)

Ramsey
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:23:32 PM by audiotweaker »

Offline SeanS

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
errr... you replaced an excluding with an including...thats not a quote.

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
It should be "including" because I heard it from the mouth of the guy (name withheld) who actually took his LampizatOr Level 4 to "I think it was Francois's place" where the dCS was being demo'd. It's deliberate and Francois can confirm that, that's why I am asking for permission from Francois to quote it this way. ;-)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:32:34 PM by audiotweaker »

Offline Francois

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+33)
    • Audio Exchange
I would correct only one point  :stop:, EXCLUDING dCS stack, I wasnt looking at what I typed. But rest is my honest opinion  :thumbs:
I was born analog, not digit by digit....

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
I would correct only one point  :stop:, EXCLUDING dCS stack, I wasnt looking at what I typed. But rest is my honest opinion  :thumbs:
So it did beat the sCS too right? (according to Willem who bought the L4 along?)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:40:30 PM by audiotweaker »

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
I know what Francois wrote for sure, the reason I am asking him to quote it otherwise is because according to others who did go to the shootout, the Lampi came out tops. Don't worry, I still haven't used the quote since I am first clearing it with Francois, that's the whole reason for asking for permission to use Francois quote. ;)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • Pioneer sm-83
....but then you would not be quoting François?  :giggle:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
....but then you would not be quoting François?  :giggle:
That sentence says it clearly "With your permission, may I use your quote?..." based on the change I made. At least now I know it beat the dCS Puccini and not the dCS Vivaldi but was close to the dCS Scarlatti (as per Francois who just confirmed this)!
Impressive enough?

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+54)
  • Pioneer sm-83
I am being dumb.....so you simply wish to "quote somebody with a change you made"....makes perfect sense now :2thumbs:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
I am being dumb.....so you simply wish to "quote somebody with a change you made"....makes perfect sense now :2thumbs:

I corrected what seemed like a typo from Francois and asked him if I can use it that way.

At least now he has given me permission to use this instead which is pretty great!...

It was better than his dcS single box cd (Puccini) yes, but its FAR from the Vivaldi and closer to Scarlatti.

It is in some ways better than my Meitner, which was a shock

Much better than my Wadia 860SE

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
This should go to PM... completely clouding the issue here.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/