Author Topic: AVForums reference source material  (Read 30986 times)

Offline AlleyCat

Re: AVForums reference source material
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2015, 08:57:06 AM »
Wanda, that bass on there is wicked. I doubt that the music on there will be appreciated by those wanting to make up a test disc though. I would love to see ChrisC sit through that whole song, let alone an album of Erykah Badu.
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2015, 10:01:48 AM »
I might cringe through it!  With earplugs!  No, I will listen to anything, but it does not mean I'm going to rush out and get it.  The best recording I have heard in the past year is a Channel Classics DSD download with Rachael Podger and the Holland Baroque Society playing Vivaldi's La Cetra

Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline jeinnor

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2017, 07:38:27 AM »
....most people here own b&w's.....i dont think ethics are a problem really :point:

They do?  :BWAHAHAH:

Offline naughty

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
I'm sure that FLAC at 16 bit/44.1kHz and 24 bit/96kHz would be fine.

My initial idea was for a reference list, but of late I am thinking of having it on disc. However, this might cause us trouble. It is simple enough to discretely share copies of tracks  :shh: , but doing so on a large scale... hmmm...  :nono:

can it cause problems if you dont sell it or charge for it ie make a test disc and give it free to attendees of Hi-Fi club meetings etc .... does anyone know the actual law in this regard (ie confirmed with no speculation)

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »
I am Not sure of this is just music or movies as well. House of flying daggers makes for some good reference material
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver