Author Topic: UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE speakers, our new agency in Cape Town & ready for demos  (Read 1029 times)

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Owner of Audio Tweak and LampizatOr local agent.
    • Audio Tweak
Expected to retail for the equivalent of EURO 12000, the UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE will have no competition.
With glowing reviews, all claiming the same, the UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE is for music lovers, the UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE will deliver massive SPL playback, grunt, gravitas and a very open natural sound. Compatible with tube amps and power as conservative as 40 or 50W.

Info:
http://ubiqaudio.com/model-one.html
http://www.audiotweak.co.za/products/ubiq/

Reviews:
http://highfidelity.pl/@main-624&lang=en
http://www.monoandstereo.com/2015/08/ubiq-audio-model-one-speakers-review.html
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/ubiq_audio_model_one.htm
http://www.audioshark.org/speakers-10/ubiq-model-one-speakers-8743.html (end-user)

Technology:
All drivers have much bigger than average voice coil diameters (tweeter 38 mm, midrange 54 mm, woofer 76 mm).
All drivers are made out of the time and again proven materials that have the least damaging sonic signature: Polyester and paper cones (no metals or ceramics here).
The front baffle geometry and placement of the drivers were chosen with regard to the typical room conditions and corresponding acoustic demands. The woofer is placed at the point where it does not cause the damaging lower midrange/upper bass notch (typically between 100 and 200 Hz) that makes the majority of even very expensive speakers to sound thin and lifeless. This phenomena usually happens in relatively small rooms with speakers that have woofers located high off the ground. Lower midrange/upper bass is actually the key to realistic music reproduction. Various experienced music lovers describe it as: body, weight, density, authority, etc ... and we have ensured this crucial frequency spectrum is properly reproduced because without it the music will never sound realistic.
The internal (outer) shape of the loudspeaker enclosure minimizes the internal reflections and makes the whole box less resonant. The box itself is made of Okoume wood (Aucoumea klaineana).
The 12" woofer has an unusually large diameter voice coil (76 mm) with large vented pole piece and under-spider venting and is able to dissipate a lot of heat, meaning the thermal compression effects are very low. Also, the mechanical robustness is enhanced by the virtue of a very long X-max (cone linear travel). It operates in a closed box (no port) which guarantees highly dynamic and very precise bass reproduction without the susceptibility to infrasonic noise and, with it, the associated excessive cone motion of the ported box variety. Immunity to infrasonic noise is very desirable with analog turntable sources.
The 8" midrange has a 54 mm diameter voice coil, neodymium magnet and an acoustically very well behaved paper cone. It operates in an aperiodically damped enclosure that minimizes the internal pressure on the midrange cone, resulting in a more natural and relaxed sound.
The oversized 38 mm tweeter works in a specially designed waveguide and together they provide much higher than usual dynamics in the midrange/tweeter transition area and a smooth room power response. The tweeter reaches 30 kHz on axis, easily.
The crossover network, the heart of each loudspeaker system, is point-to-point wired and uses carefully chosen crossover points and acoustic slopes that allow for the greatest micro and macro dynamics' responsiveness, as well as the greatest definition and transparency. The crossover components consist only of premium quality material placed in a strategically effective manner.
Anechoic frequency response: 40 30.000 Hz, +/- 3 db
Typical in-room frequency response: 30 - 30.000Hz, +/- 3 db (since the woofer is a sealed design the low frequency extension can reach 25Hz depending on the placement)
The speaker presents an easy electrical load for all amplifiers by the virtue of its linearized impedance (5 Ohm average).
The outer shape and all of the thoughtful visual details speak of an elegant, timeless design that fits into every ambience and will be appreciated highly even for many decades to come.
The speakers are broken-in during the factory testing phase and thus are immediately ready to perform on the highest sound quality level.
Specifications: Tweeter 38 mm / Midrange 200 mm / Bass 300 mm / Sensitivity 88 db / Impedance 6 Ohm / Frequency response 40-30 kHz +/- 3 db / Power 200 W Continuous / Weight 42 kg
Dimensions: 42 (W) x 37 (D) x 118 (H) cm

Pictures:

« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:18:28 PM by Curlycat »

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
Re: UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE speakers, ready for Cape Town demo's!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 12:12:54 PM »
UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE speakers, ready for Cape Town demo's!

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Music lover and involed in industry
    • Airmusic
Re: UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE speakers, our new agency (coming soon)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 12:48:05 PM »
Great news, and I hope many come to listen. I eyed them for months and they look very nice, well designed and finished with excellent reviews so far. Good Luck. I will try and pop in to hear them as well.

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
Re: UBIQ AUDIO MODEL ONE speakers, our new agency (coming soon)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 03:07:45 PM »
Great news, and I hope many come to listen. I eyed them for months and they look very nice, well designed and finished with excellent reviews so far. Good Luck. I will try and pop in to hear them as well.

Hi Air,

Would be great to have you here for sure!

What sort of equipment are you listening too?

Here's my first impressions...

It's like I've gone fully analog! Zero etch, yet crystal clear, open yet full (both don't normally go together), the midrange is mind-blowing, a trumpet, a sax, a voice is rich and sweet, this confirms again my love for paper drivers, for sure the horn loaded compression waveguide tweeter plays a big part too, but the integration between both the tops and rest of the lower/mid registers are the most seamless I've ever heard other than the fantastic Axis Voicebox S (which by the way happens to use paper drivers too!). But one thing that really makes these UBIQ speakers sing is how careful one must be when setting them up, too far apart and they sound too thin and even analytical in the mids yet with big bass still, bringing them just enough nearer to each-others and suddenly the midrange fleshens-out and vocals pours out like honey dripping from the heavens! Drums from tracks such as Led Zeppelin "Since I've Been Loving You" have such gravity that for the first time I understand what people meant about John Bonham heavy footed pounding and brutal style conveying such kick with real gravity and impact... WOOOMPFFF!!! The Analysis Epsilon panels are great and alive but they lack the thickness through the mids and lower-mids, they also lack a certain amount of texture through the mids that the UBIQ are so natural at conveying! When I walked outside during a break earlier on, I heard the sound of birds chirping in the trees, and cars driving, it suddenly dawned on me that this is the kind of magic and sound that was being portrayed in my lounge. Amazing!

Posted on FB...
https://www.facebook.com/AudiotweakZA/

« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 09:16:35 PM by Rotten Johnny »

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
Recent feedback from audiophile visitors...

Marc: I was stunned how the speakers disappear to present a deep and powerful stage! Thanks Ramsey!
Rendon: Very musical and astounding presence.
Marius: The best.

Offline audiotweaker

• Commercial Member
    • Audio Tweak
Some great feedback from the Cape Town Hi-Fi Club!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 10:52:27 AM »
Some very nice compliments from the golden ear brigade of the Cape Town Hi-Fi Club!

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,30471.1050.html

chrisc
"A few of the performances made a real connection - can't really put it more objectively that that - ok, I'll try:  tremendous realism and sound-stage, very solid 3D images clearly defined and a sense of front to rear depth and spaciousness."

Capetowntracks
"With the odd exception I generally felt drawn into the performance, wanted to listen. I mentioned that I thought I had heard Walk on the Wild Side before, but this was the first time I had really heard it.
On a mildly less airy-fairy note, there was an apparent front-rear depth to what I was hearing and individual parts of the audioscape were very 3-D, solid, like actual humans were performing."

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:01:49 AM by audiotweaker »