AVO MK I Valve Tester

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
One only see the AVO MK I Valve Tester in pictures. Some refer to it as a MK II valve tester. This is not the original AVO valve tester
that some refer to as the AVO Mk I valve tester.

The AVO MK I and MK II are the same valve tester set except that the MK II had some front protection handles

I was fortunate to obtain two MK I AVO valve testers. One is in working condition and the other one needs some attention.
Obvious the working one also needs some calibration. I already tested a 6J5GT and a KT66 valves with it.

This was the first time I have seen the MkI valve tester. It was made in the late forties and fifties. I had its original operating/data manual dated 1951.
There is some good calibration information in it but I also need its service manual. This is really a vintage set with the old beautiful "pointed"
knobs. It has a solid aluminum frame and the workmanship is very good. Surprisingly this one does not differ a lot from the modern MK IV
regarding the way it operates. It is very easy to operate this valve tester.

I will later post some pictures of the AVO MK I valve test set. Its metal cover was removed so one can see its solid construction.

This compliments the vintage Leak 12.1 valve amplifiers and the grey Garrard 301 turntable.

Some information from the Internet regarding the AVO MK I valve tester:

www.jacmusic.com/Tube-testers/