AKG, why so painfull?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbyleveldt

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, there must be something wrong with me, but every time I want to get something that is just a little unique (apparently) I end up getting the run around. And this with someone whom is not famous for his patience. Geeeeez.

Anyway, I'm in the market to get myself a nice set of headphones and I've always preferred the AKG character. I've got an old set of K66's and, while pretty basic, was always my weapon of choice even after getting a set of Senns that were 3 times the price. But the K66's does have some flaws, mainly being limited bottom end response and limited resolution. Because I've got no idea what model in the AKG range I'd like, I obviously need to demo a set - and here's the rub... There seems to be nowhere where I can demo any units. I've phone Conniosseur three times already, all the while being sent on a wild goose chase by their retailers. Either I get blank stares when mentioning AKG, or I get the "We'll have to order them for you" Grrrrr!! If I new what I wanted I wouldn't mind, but I don't!!

So, apparently all the decision makers at Conniosseur are in Hong Kong, so they no help either, plus their employees can't help because they can't open boxes or give pricing. *SIGH*

So I've listened to some Senn HD555's and I do like these and they are in the budget I'm prepared to spend. But I know I'll always be wondering if I made the right call by not at least trying to get hold of the AKG's for a demo at least. I'm just wondering if I've tried enough or if I should just be a little more patient.

What say you?