Who needs facebook

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterhond

R.I.P. August 2020
Reaction score
Couple of days ago an eBay private seller from whom I had bought some Thorens turntable spares asked if I needed anything else and I told him that I'm looking for the funny ball shaped anti-skate weight that goes on the original arm of the TD150 MKII (arm is TP13a). Within days I got a very excited email from him saying: "I think I have found it!" Apparently he's put the word out, got a reply and is now planning to travel to get it for me. In return I promised to put the word out for an item that he needs: a headshell that fits the arm of his Micro Seiki.
  I told him to add up all costs including travel, shipping and not to forget his profit. This is the email I received today (I'm sure he wont mind:

It' s ok Wes, there is a solidarity between analogue fans! I have to go to the guy myself, i could not understand him by the phone, he just told me ''yes i have the weights, come and get them''. Me, i don't want any profit.
I ll send you the ax motor also.
Thanks for your interest about the micro seiki.
I 'll tell you soon what finaly happens...
regards, Thim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: thimios vasilopoulos <xxx.yahoo.com>
Sent: Mon, April 12, 2010 12:45:35 PM
Subject: Re: Thorens fan

Hi Thim,
Thank you very much for your efforts to find this little weight for me. I only need the anti-skating weight at the moment, but if you find that the guy has others for this arm (ball shaped) let me know.  If the guy charges you for the weight you must add on your costs including for travel , shipping and profit etc.
  Those AR motors are funny little things in that they make a noise when the oil has dried up - I think you're probably right about just needing a service.
I'll put out the word for the headshell for your micro seiki on the local av forum, maybe someone has a spare.
Thanks again my friend.
Regards
Wes
----- Original Message -----
To: Wes D
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2010 1:01 AM
Subject: Re: Thorens fan

Hi Wes, sorry for the delay.
I had this motor  when I bought my Acoustic Research XA turntable, but it was never used. You see I live at a 220 volt region! The issue is that I tested it with a transformer to 110 volt/50 hz and it runs, but makes a noise. I am not sure if the motor has a problem or the fact that I tested it with 50 hz and  not with 60 hz, or that I used the 0,39 mf capacitor that I use with the 220 volt motor, makes it noisy. Maybe the problem could be solved with some thin oil, but who knows? Anyway it is yours for free...i wiil sent it with the thorens counterweight. Are you intrested to another weight for the thorens? i think the guy has one or two different weights more. I have to go and see, i hope he won't charge anything. I 'll do it this week.

Something else, now. I need a headshell for my micro seiki DQ 41. i attached some photos. If you find it, please,  let me know.

greetings, Thim

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/micro-seiki/dq-41.shtml
So if anyone has this headshell please let me know - such amazing "solidarity" I feel must be reciprocated.

Latest posts