Advice on speakers, Denon + Kenwood

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ch@pS

Reaction score
First off, hi guys! Recently got into the world of the Audiophile and I think I'll stay for a bit! That being said, expect a bunch of questions from my side when Google has failed me.

Speaking of which, thats the reason for this thread, I need some info/advice regarding a few speakers.

Oh and btw, the speakers are running/will be running off my NAD T741.

a) Denon Overture 100 centre + rears

I can find no info on these whatsoever! Maybe I brainfarted while googling but I really can find nothing on these. I've already bought them, found them at a Cash coverters in near mint condition and thought, "For R400 let me try em out, can always give them to my parents if they're no good." The two rears are rated at 50w, 4Ohm, the centre is rated at 75w 8Ohm, and they sound great! Very warm sound, perfect for the classic rock that I like. However they have no bass, they each have a single mid range (centre has 2) speaker that deals with highs pretty well.

Can anyone give me more info on them? Any links or posts with personal experience will be gladly appreciated.

b) Kenwood LS-320V front's. I'm considering getting a pair of these to run as fronts, but once again cant find much info on them. I can find info on the newer LS-330V's but they're rated at a lower RMS(120w as opposed to 150w) so I'm wondering what else will be different. They'll set me back R900 so wondering if they're worth the money. I dont mind spending a bit more, but would like to keep costs low(will look at getting decent speakers when my new car and house is sorted.) I demo'd them on some cheap Sakyo AMP and they sounded pretty good but that was in a store full of people, so will take my T741 there and test them for myself in the next week. Until then, can anyone comment on using them? Particularly using them in addition to the Denon's I mentioned previously?

I just can't go back to my old setups after experiencing the change just the NAD T741 made so really hoping for some (semi decent) speakers that will really improve on generic Samsung/Sony/Panasonic systems I'm used too.

PS will get some pics of the Denon's up after my Camera is done charging.

Thanks for any replies, and if I'm in the wrong section a big sorry!