Neil Young - Harvest

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analogos

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I have been fortunate to receive a copy of this newly mastered album from the Neil Young Archives.
Simply stunning.
On Old Man they have James Taylor on a banjo guitar in the left channel, it's almost tangible.
Heart of Gold takes me right back to when it was released, I almost became depressed, it somehow reminded me of a more happy and carefree South Africa.
The needle and the damage done ,"I heard you knocking at my cellar door, I love you baby can I have some more, ooh ooh the damage done" absolutely haunting, a great track.
The wailing of lap and slide guitars on Words.
An incredibly and  delicately played harmonica on the introduction of the beautiful Out on the weekend.
Harvest, the title track, a  beautiful country/folk song enough to win anyone over to some country music.
The drums on this album sound awesome and there is great depth and definition in the sound quality and one can easily make a distinction as to what is being played in the drum set.
The bass on this album is very well detailed and incredibly well balanced with the rest of the recording.
It's mind blowing to discover what was achieved back in the day.
Thank heavens for a re-surgence of the vinyl format and re-masters like these.

Latest posts