Author Topic: Cardas A8 ear speaker forum testing and reviews.  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
Re: Cardas A8 ear speaker forum testing and reviews.
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »

I THINK THERE'S AN ON MISSING IN THERE SOMEWHERE  :giggle:

Thank goodness.
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline adie

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 11:28:33 AM »
I THINK THERE'S AN ON MISSING IN THERE SOMEWHERE  :giggle:

:ROFLMAO:

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 02:48:11 PM »
It's with the most certainly fresh half of the rotten pair?
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline itscraig

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2016, 05:18:48 PM »
hi there Mr HP,

who is next in line for the ear buds? or am i dropping them at you?
i will write a review hopefully later tonight.

thank you
Craig

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2016, 05:25:07 PM »
Who is next?

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2016, 05:26:40 PM »
Mervin?

Online Mervin

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • Security Audit and Control Solutions
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2016, 06:12:24 PM »
Would love to... I am flying out on Monday for a while but let me have a shot.  Where is it now?
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2016, 06:24:22 PM »
Would love to... I am flying out on Monday for a while but let me have a shot.  Where is it now?
kensington
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline itscraig

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 07:47:38 PM »
The Cardas A8 ear speakers got delivered to me still sealed. I set about having a quick listen but did not listen for long. The first thing that stood out was the bass, it was a lot of base for such a small devices. I setup the A8ís on my iPod at listening volume and left them for the next 4 days before I returned to listen to them.
The mighty bass was there but had settled. And boy was I glad I had waited to do proper listening. These must be rated amongst some of the better headphones out there. They are the first buds I have listened to that have a forward projection in the sound stage, albeit only slightly. They have a huge amount of detail and separation. I automatically wanted to listen to as much music as I was familiar with, as that is the best way to get to see how these fit into my listening space.
The bass is tight and goes deep, the mids are clear and crisp. The highs are not at all bright. There is no tinny sound at all. I never experienced any ear fatigue, I had to test different size rubbers to find what was best for my comfort. They are comfortable but heavy for little buds. They do give a fair amount of noise cancellation and are supplied with noise cancellation foam bits, I never tried these but was happy with the plain rubber ones.
I used my iPhone, Samsung phone, iPod, Numprime DSD, T+A DAC 8 and Nuprime DAC10H as sources for testing. The A8ís can be used without any form of amplification and perform flawlessly, with amplification they beat many mid-level headphones out there and even rival some of the high end ones. They do not lack volume and can be driven to high levels without losing out on detail.
I played heavy metal, female vocals, pop, hard rock, classical and many other types of music to put them through tier paces and they excelled in all areaís I played a song on the A8ís then the Sennheiser momentum in-earís and the Adeze LCD2ís. The A8ís blow the in-ears away by a mile. They are not the LCD2ís but they really are the closest thing to them for pocket traveling I have yet listened to.
They are going to be hard to beat at the price, especially since they compete with headphones in the same price bracket. They are fun to listen to and I think the only thing for me is that I would look at changing the tips to the foam that I hear are better and more comfy.

Offline gavinbirss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 08:31:30 PM »

There has been a lot of talk on the inability to audition headphones prior to purchase and the lack of demo stock at resellers, making many buy on foreign reviews alone.

I have always kept a set available to audition on the 5813 from Cardas for eg. 

Let's see if we can improve on that even further.

I propose a traveling Cardas Can, the new A8. 

My next batch should be here next week.

I would like to send it to some of the forum headphone fans for a taste.  After the taste, say 7-10 days, write a review here and send the Cardas A8 on to the next reviewer. 

The balanced Pono split cable will accompany the package so those with balanced sources on 2 mini jacks can test run them balanced.

I have also arranged several sets of ear tips so if you think alcohol does not remove reviewer ones earwax, fit new tips. 

Folks who I thought might be interested:

Xenithon
Kikvors Kerel (scuba)
Wolvebain
Gavin B

What say you?

Hope I am not too late?
 :groovy:
Would love to try them with a PONO.

Offline KlyvQ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • i'Numba mayik'bambile... ayik'Yeki...
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2016, 11:39:42 PM »
Mmmh...?
Any more reviews?

Would love to hear what JR thinks of them...
It would have been awesome to check these out.
I used to have the Yamaha EPH 100's, but as 4 years of wear and tear would have it - between jogs / helmet use / office / etc - they eventually gave up the quality ghost. I'm yet to come across something that will better them for the price.

Would have looked at getting these - but this is more than double my budget -  :P :P :P - But would be cool to check them out or see more reviews of them here.

- kQ
(.) Sweet Spot (.)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2016, 12:45:21 AM »
I suspect JR ran out of time having already committed to a hand over date to Craig. 
KQ, a listen can certainly be arranged. At this time I have Mervin and GavinB in line. 

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2016, 06:16:54 AM »
I suspect JR ran out of time having already committed to a hand over date to Craig.
that I did, work and family commitments got in the way.
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Online Mervin

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • Security Audit and Control Solutions
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2016, 07:27:30 AM »
My last day for this stint is Sunday tomorrow and I have far too many things now to complete before I leave.  Sadly I have to now let it jump to the next person.
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2016, 07:33:16 AM »
^^^ not easy to audition stuff when you've 1,000,000 things going on.  When you've a moment you probably too tired and not in the mood...