Cardas A8 ear speaker forum testing and reviews.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croak

R.I.P. 28 June 2021
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk on the inability to audition headphones prior to purchase and the lack of demo stock at resellers, making many buy on foreign reviews alone.

I have always kept a set available to audition on the 5813 from Cardas for eg. 

Let's see if we can improve on that even further.

I propose a traveling Cardas Can, the new A8. 

My next batch should be here next week.

I would like to send it to some of the forum headphone fans for a taste.  After the taste, say 7-10 days, write a review here and send the Cardas A8 on to the next reviewer. 

The balanced Pono split cable will accompany the package so those with balanced sources on 2 mini jacks can test run them balanced.

I have also arranged several sets of ear tips so if you think alcohol does not remove reviewer ones earwax, fit new tips. 

Folks who I thought might be interested:

Xenithon
Kikvors Kerel (scuba)
Wolvebain
Gavin B

What say you?

6ec653f72f11a419ca01b5a69b1fa768.jpg

Designed entirely by George Cardas, the A8 Ear Speakers feature a custom 10.85mm Ultra Linear, Contour Field, Dual Magnet Driver.

1b7b0260b108a29b582ce794c6bbbc9f.jpg

"The A8 has no pole piece as such.  The pole piece has been replaced by a contoured field permanent magnet.  The motor is linear to nearly DC, as is phase response." - George Cardas

The result of this innovative driver is an extremely neutral presentation.  The A8 Ear Speakers produce brilliant highs, strong mid-range, and deep bass.

The A8 body is machined from billet brass, and coated in rubberized ABS.  As with the EM5813, the A8's body follows the same natural Golden Spiral Curve found in the human cochlea - and of course, the Cardas logo.

The A8 cable is light and tangle-resistant.  It has a unique spiral design, in which the conductors wrap around a central fiber core, so that they are never physically stressed, even if the cable gets pulled.  And of course, it features genuine Cardas copper, multi-stranded Litz conductors.

The standard cable (single-ended, 3.5mm TRS) can be removed at the splitter/joiner, and replaced with a cable to fit the balanced outputs of your Ayre Codex, Pono, or A&K.

3e2d57ee375aa7c0a50df8c6879cc865.jpg

93a42ca0bcd29a8a7789246c414aa5d2.jpg

The Cardas A8 Ear Speakers come in an attractive, soft-touch box, with magnetic clasp, for the satisfying un-boxing experience that today's un-boxing enthusiasts demand.

9ed8e91d04eefc9090fedd9e5efd50d5.jpg