Open Chat > Legendary threads

WTF....

(1/10) > >>

Rodney_gold:
I have seen on a few for sale threads folk comment that an "unsold" item is too cheap and the seller should up the price..
In my book , that is total folly .. if the item hasnt sold it's normally cos it's too  expensive....

BWS:

--- Quote from: Rodney_gold on April 22, 2016, 11:05:47 AM ---I have seen on a few for sale threads folk comment that an "unsold" item is too cheap and the seller should up the price..
In my book , that is total folly .. if the item hasnt sold it's normally cos it's too  expensive....

--- End quote ---

Or, because some of us are poorer than others

chrisc:
Might it not be suspiciously cheap?  Having been selling my own products for years, I found you should try and quote just a bit under what the customer expects.  He will have in mind, from talking to other people, a figure for the job, so if you come in at 10% under that, the chances of success will be higher.  Quite often, given a lower price, the customer will add extras to the order and bump it up

This is not a hard and fast rule.  Some people are still living in the past and will expect a R5000 product for R1500 and get a shock when you mention the price, or at least pretend to.  Then, when they get other quotes, they soon realise the present day value of things

Rodney_gold:
We are talking 2nd hand sales of hifi on this forum..dont be obtuse

colonel66:
Rodney i think those that are of the opinion that a said item is too cheap should put their money where there mouth is and stump and buy it...then keep or flog it for its true value are realise a super profit   :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version