Author Topic: SLOPPY SALES ADS  (Read 6886 times)

Offline oNyX

Re: SLOPPY SALES ADS
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 11:24:00 PM »
Little effort goes a long way. No pics threads usually ends up with questions like what model, what color, one with this or one without that.

C'mon, this isn't Gumtree or OLX.  :point:
"Excellent leaders of people lower themselves." - Daodejing, Chapter 68.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2016, 08:23:44 AM »
There is an excellent, free program called FOTOR that will quickly fix pictures, whether they need cropping, lightening up or otherwise adjusted (vertical correction, etc) and then you can resize it to say 1080 x 720 before uploading to a photo sharing website

http://www.fotor.com/

There are most probably others that are the equal
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Atjan

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2016, 10:14:58 AM »
Sloppy ads deserve sloppy prices. 😜
It's only hifi people....

Offline Wolla

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2016, 12:27:54 PM »
I loathe these "feeler" kwasi for sale threads. It's either for sale or not! Ask your price, sell it, keep it, or drop your price.

Another gripe I have with some classifieds. PLEASE STATE WHAT YOU ARE SELLING in your subject line. Be it an amplifier, a turntable, a pot of flowers. Example: Marantz XYZ 123-ABC.... WTF! Is it an amplifier, a vacuum cleaner or a hive of bees?

Rant over , Mods please feel free to delete or move to the right section.
+1
Main: FLAC > Halide Bridge > Bel Canto DAC3vb > Bel Canto REF1000 > Piega Premium 5
Cables: Zu Audio - Mission
PC: Zotac ZBox Nano > Korg DS-DAC-100m > HK GLA55
HP: iPad Pro > Audeze iSine 10, Philips SHP-895
Casual: Apple HiFi, DIY OB Boombox

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Keep calm and play Fortnite
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 08:12:54 AM »
Has CurlyCat just volunteered his services to Mod the Classifieds section then ?  :point:
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline WD

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 03:26:10 PM »
Has CurlyCat just volunteered his services to Mod the Classifieds section then ?  :point:

Not if he's sane! :thinking:

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 07:39:36 PM »
... sane... if I look at the amount of audio gear I have....  :whistler:
I have realized that the past and future are real illusions,
that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is. – Alan Watts

Offline Supergrand

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 07:39:40 AM »
Magician working an ocean liner in a double act with a parrot. Parrot ruins the act every night.  "It's up his sleeve, it's in his pocket, it's  down his trouser leg". The ship sinks, magician and parrot alone in a lifeboat. Three days. Fourth day the parrot says "Alright, I give up. What have ya done with the ship?" @mods I give up, what have you  done with the classifieds?

Offline Sash

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 07:45:16 AM »
 Awesome  :thumbs: . Sloppy subject headings are annoying . Eg, "Goodies", "cupboard clearout", "feeler" etc . Individual ads for each items would be better . Usually when various items are up for sale together , the thread gets too long. And it's difficult to keep track of  what items on that list is 'on hold' , sold or back on sale .
S♘Ƨ

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 07:47:50 AM »
Exactly!
I have realized that the past and future are real illusions,
that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is. – Alan Watts

Offline fuz940510

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »
Magician working an ocean liner in a double act with a parrot. Parrot ruins the act every night.  "It's up his sleeve, it's in his pocket, it's  down his trouser leg". The ship sinks, magician and parrot alone in a lifeboat. Three days. Fourth day the parrot says "Alright, I give up. What have ya done with the ship?" @mods I give up, what have you  done with the classifieds?
http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,53445.15/topicseen.html
If you want to be taken seriously, always check your fly.