Author Topic: SLOPPY SALES ADS  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Davidvdw

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Art destroys silence.
    • Shutterpsych
Re: SLOPPY SALES ADS
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 02:28:00 PM »
I had to google coulrophobia - nice one.

I would definitely support a classifieds policy that removed all ads that did not follow the recommended template of

Item name in heading - price

and in the post body

Item :
Condition :
Reason for selling :
Guarantee / Warranty :
Collection :
Delivery :
Price :

General notes and optional pictures.

Offline ScottulusMaximus

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 02:42:30 PM »
The 3 day bump rule seems to have fallen away as well. There's a certain member who bumps every few hours. I reported it, next day he bumps the same item twice....

Mods seem to be preoccupied with protecting people's feelings rather than enforcing the rules
Importing made easy!

Offline Davidvdw

• AVForums Veteran
  • Art destroys silence.
    • Shutterpsych
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 03:04:03 PM »
I have never seen anything other than fair minded and decisive action from the mods - a lousy job with no rewards.

The 3 day bump rule seems to have fallen away as well. There's a certain member who bumps every few hours. I reported it, next day he bumps the same item twice....

Mods seem to be preoccupied with protecting people's feelings rather than enforcing the rules

Offline ScottulusMaximus

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 03:29:47 PM »
I have never seen anything other than fair minded and decisive action from the mods - a lousy job with no rewards.

Oh I'm not whinging about the mods, it's a crap job, I moderate an unrelated forum.

But if there are rules they must be enforced, especially if reported.
Importing made easy!

Offline Skylark

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »

Pm me next time it happens, I'm not fond of people who bump excessively, it's normally also those trying to game the asking price.
Music is in the Mind

Offline ScottulusMaximus

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 04:25:51 PM »
Pm me next time it happens, I'm not fond of people who bump excessively, it's normally also those trying to game the asking price.

I shall do
Importing made easy!

Offline colonel66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 04:32:27 PM »

the mods were performing double blind tests - that is why the missed your pm

Offline oNyX

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • All things vintage has history.
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 10:14:29 PM »
Feeler ads are a bit irritating. I mean if you don't know the value of an item, Google the model number before posting an ad. Check regularly on eBay for prices, sometimes it converts the dollar amount automatically to Rand right on the page. And of course, no actual item pics means it never happened.
Recapping of vintage equipment isn't restoration. By definition, restoration means returning to it's original condition.

Oh, what difficult hobby this is. When you hear something new you'll find yourself swapping out or upgrading kit.

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 11:39:20 PM »
I've written here recently about these 'feeler' ads. IMO such users probably already know how much they will accept for their Kazoom 50K PMPO DOXON amp but are doing this to induce a rush of offers to purchase. They will then not accept a figure in their pre-determined ballpark by buyer #1 asking for 'dibs' but will wait for the highest bidder.

In other words, 'feelers' are basically auctions.

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline sonusjunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 01:18:43 AM »
Basically all forumites are equal -  some are more equal than others....long and short of it  :teach:

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - listen with your ears
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2016, 08:28:28 AM »
I cannot figure why some people find it difficult to upload and share pictures.  There is a comprehensive explanation on here which leaves no process unreported. Surely you can give it a go?

Maybe another step by step tutorial is needed
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Davidvdw

• AVForums Veteran
  • Art destroys silence.
    • Shutterpsych
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2016, 10:57:03 AM »
I definitely feel that feelers ought to be banned.

Offline Katji

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
    • soundcloud
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2016, 05:11:41 PM »
I cannot figure why some people find it difficult to upload and share pictures.  There is a comprehensive explanation on here which leaves no process unreported. Surely you can give it a go?

Maybe another step by step tutorial is needed
This! I've never seen it so much anywhere else! I've sometimes refrained from saying something - asking just what is the problem, but then thought maybe they're doing it on a phone, maybe that's why.  Maybe tapatalk...? Or maybe photobucket? - I will never understand why people use photobucket, I detest it.
#SPOTIFYMUSTFALL \\  https://bandcamp.com/kat_ji

Offline Eish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 05:36:20 PM »
Ja, possible, but my view is if you are selling to an audience that you respect, you will take the time to figure out how the selling process work and put everything.

If I see an item with no Pic, I am not even interested. Not a second hand, online, never.  Even if there is a picture, cameras today are very good.  It is unjustifiable to post a hazy, dark picture that nobody can follow, then have the bollz to apologise.
There are rules, and rules must be followed

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 11:47:26 PM »
Ja, possible, but my view is if you are selling to an audience that you respect, you will take the time to figure out how the selling process work and put everything.

If I see an item with no Pic, I am not even interested. Not a second hand, online, never.  Even if there is a picture, cameras today are very good.  It is unjustifiable to post a hazy, dark picture that nobody can follow, then have the bollz to apologise.

I can only see the arm and headshell in your avatar ;D

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx