The prayer circle

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firehorse

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
51Kh5t8Q4L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Going deep ... Friday evening - dronk verdriet

This CD defies any specific description of its content. It is most often listed as an "Alanis Morissette album" simply because she sings several songs. But, it is a mixture of styles, cultures, music and religious beliefs that is hard to explain but not easy to forget. Jonathan Elias has written a series of choral pieces on faith, no matter what religion you adhere to. Alanis sings in French on one song and in Hungarian on another. Such diverse talents as James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt and the late international superstars, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Ofra Haza lend their voices. Reading the lyrics in English adds to the understanding of what is being conveyed, but the melodies and voices joining in hope and faith are just as touching. This album is about faith in God or goddesses or nature, whatever beliefs you may have. It mixes beliefs and musical styles in a way I've never heard before. The music is moving, touching, breath-taking, and unforgettable.

My captain my captain