"Delicate" maybe social question???

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
My immediate neighbour, who I don't see that often since the entrance to their house is in the opposite street, notified me on 3rd March via WhatsApp that they would be going overseas from 4th to 27th March and could I please assist their son if needed who is a second year UT student.  I have only met the son once and he seems to be about 23, since it was his 21st a year or two ago

He has had parties since 4th March every night except for 6th March.  These go on until 2.00 - 3.00am with shouting and screaming as the youngsters jump in and out of the pool.  The music for me is not too bad for me due the position of the house but for his opposite neighbours it is awful.  In the street you have to raise your voice to be heard.  The neighbours called the SAPS twice. but they only came around once and the music let up for about 10 mins

This morning at 7.00 there was a commotion outside his house.  Some drunk friend had started up the car in the driveway and reversed it out without lifting the roller-shutter door.  The door collapsed on the car (a 2015 Audi A3) and did quite a bit of damage, broken rear window, dented roof, etc.  The door is a write off and the channels tore out the wall.  Next thing the 3 dogs have run out and off down the street.  Much shouting and screaming, with semi dressed guys and girls running about after these dogs.  By 5.00pm today they all came back for their supper after having a nice day out

Now this youngster is shitting himself, it is his mothers new car, what does he do, etc?  Of course the next question to me is:  Can I sort it out?

I told him that yes, but there are conditions.  No more parties, no more music.  Maximum 2 friends at any one time  He agreed to it all.  I have no idea what insurance co is involved, but will call VW Claremont on Monday to find out and at least get the car assessed, but no more.  It can be driven

Any other suggestions from you experienced people out there?

Latest posts