Garage speakers & DIY coil winding

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimGore

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have been very busy with composites of late, so I was starting to feel quite anxious to get back to some woodworking.

I used to have a set of Warfedale Diamond 9.1s in my garage, but I sold them to a friend of mine.  I don't know about you, but I need to listen to music while I am working.  How much more of an excuse can you get for building a set of speakers  ;D

Whilst building these speakers I realized two things:
1.  You can build a small set of speakers in just about no time.  It probably took me all of 2 hours to build, including sawing the MDF, cutting the driver holes, drilling, etc.  Obviously this does not include the finishing.
2.  It is much faster to build speakers where each corner is at a 90 degree angle.  I usually make my own life difficult with all my crazy design ideas.

The drivers I am using don't need recessing - the flange is tapered.  I have quite a number of these drivers in my cupboard - imported them some time ago.

Mid/bass is a 5" Vifa BC14WG69 which usually cost $29, but I got on sale for $10 from Madisound.
Tweeter is the Vifa BC25SC55-04 which cost $10.90 from Madisound

Here are some pictures for you:

Ian.

Attachments

• Speaker1.JPG
    Speaker1.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Speaker2.JPG
    Speaker2.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts