Has anyone experience with diy 'iron-on' T-shirt film?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Mods: Please move if this question is not relevant here.

For the past few weeks, I drew blank upon blank and trawled many stationers/computer shops/fastprint shops and the like to find a means or solution to re-apply plain black type on a painted metal surface for two Pye monoblock valve amps.

The best I could come up with until now was black type on clear adhesive film but one can see edges.

Redfern in Milnerton is printing me replica darkblue and silver vinyl overlays to apply over corroded aluminium legendplates so this problem is solved.

The also offered me iron-on T-shirt printing media/film which I can print on my HP inkjet printer. I followed the instructions to the letter, transferred what I wanted onto this film but the printed images don't even transfer one pixel. I tried transferring the images which is just black type onto painted metal, virgin white T-shirt material and painted wood and nothing transfers.

I have used two sheets from one packet of the A4 sheets and one packet is still unopened so I'll probably return the meterial as it was quite expensive.

OK, so the question - has anyone ever used this type of film and if it worked, what brand and where did you buy it please.

The amps will be stripped and prepared for painting but not completely so silkscreen process is not feasible and in any case, I cannot leave the items with silkscreen people.

skollie

Latest posts