Anyone really given the Apple Earpods a chance?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolla

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I have a few pairs of cans, but have only recently acquired my 1st HP Amp.

This is certainly opening up a new world and cans seems to benefit from HP amps to various degrees.

Now you all may say: "I told you so!" and you would be right, but this is not the reason or subject for this thread.

I was testing all my cans with my newly acquired Fiio E7 and worked through all my cans, even the ones stashed in the back of the storage unit.

One of the last ones I tried was a set of Apple Earpods that came with a 7th Gen iPod Nano. When I got the Nano, I did briefly test them and was pleasantly surprised that their sound quality is in a different league to the previous crap that Apple shipped with their kit.

But, after a minute or five just decided on previous experience that one just put it back in the packaging for resale purposes as it will never sound REALY GOOD.

Well, I would like to challenge you if you have a pair stashed away, please do try them again if you have a half decent HP amp at your disposal. They certainly shine with better amplification other than straight from your iPod or iPhone.

You may laugh reading this, but I was certainly very, very surprised at how much they actually improve.

If you do humor me and do give them a try with your HP Amp, please report back with your findings and please tell me I'm not going nuts. :nutter:

Latest posts