Author Topic: Dedicated Car audio section  (Read 5197 times)

Offline BobsYourUncle

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • And there you have it, Bob's your uncle
Dedicated Car audio section
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:02:15 PM »
There is a discussion going regarding this , Some for it, some against it.
However , there is no poll. Here is the poll
I'm hearing images, I'm seeing songs that poet has ever painted

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
Re: Dedicated Car audio section
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »
There is a discussion going regarding this , Some for it, some against it.
However , there is no poll. Here is the poll
I have no objection to a car audio section.However it must be properly moderated and must be a separate sub forum.My car audio is supplied by the manufacturer and I admit I have long outgrown beefing up my car audio.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline thenoizeguy

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 10:13:55 PM »
I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't go south with the boom and sizzle brigade...Car hifi is a good topic if it is about sound quality.

If we start discussing Star Sound and Audio pipe...I'm out  :puke: :sh1tstirrer:

Expensive cables come in fancy silk lined wooden boxes to make you feel better about spending a fortune on them.

Offline BobsYourUncle

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »
I'm cool with it as long as it doesn't go south with the boom and sizzle brigade...Car hifi is a good topic if it is about sound quality.

If we start discussing Star Sound and Audio pipe...I'm out  :puke: :sh1tstirrer:

Starsound and smoking an audio pipe do go hand in hand. I just fear the "wrong crowd" wil flood the forum and chase the meaningful contributors away. This topics intention is the same as protecting the open piece of land in your up market residential area from a low cost housing development taking place there.

Offline Danny Boy

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 06:18:31 AM »
Yay! Car audio

My contribution:
Ported sub = Golf/Polo with open windows
Closed sub = Golf/Polo with closed windows

Seriously though, some SQ advics would be nice. SPL, well.......
HT: Onkyo TX-NR828 | Wharfedale Obsidian 600 | Polk PSW350 | HiSense 60K390 | Zalman HD503 HTPC & Kodi 17.6
Stereo: NAD 3020i | NAD 522 | NAD T515 | Pioneer PL-512 | Technics SB-2170 | RPi 3, PiFi v2 & Moode Audio

Offline Dolby

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 08:02:13 AM »
Is Jamster still around here?

I reckon he could contribute if it were to go ahead - but also curious about how busy it'd be.

Like the earlier poster, I think I'm beyond tinkering and having anything else aside from factory fitted

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 09:58:38 AM »
I voted for a dedicated car audio board, because it then makes those posts easier to find.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 10:08:50 AM »
No problem with a dedicated Car audio forum..I know Joel is big time into car audio..let him moderate
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline AnarchyR

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »
Gents to be honest many guys here are audio fanatics be it car or home audio. The forum was created to pass on knowledge and learn from others and share experiences.
I myself have an upgraded car audio system.
Would hurt if properly moderated just like forum
My  :2c:

Offline BobsYourUncle

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 01:11:49 PM »
I think it would "cheapen" the forum. But so far its closer than i expected with 11 for it and 12 against it. I do ask that the mods think this through carefully before deciding to go ahead with it. This forum is unique and thats why it is still going after so many years. Car audio is better suited to " motor sport" forums etc. Im sure there are lots of foums which have car audio covered, do we need to be one of them?
Im not against car audio, just against the crowd that it attracts who up intil such a section exists have no place here really. cams , free flow exhausts and other car " performance sub catagories will soon follow, and before you know it, there will be a drag racing event section.
This is  a gentlemans forum, lets keep it that way.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:25:10 PM by BobsYourUncle »

Offline Andrew

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 04:17:45 PM »

Forum allows car audio posts, thats good enough, no dedicated section needed
    5 (19.2%)
Yes, I want a dedicated car audio section
    9 (34.6%)
When the car audio guys move in, the rest move out
    3 (11.5%)
Hell no!
    4 (15.4%)
Wouldnt hurt

The poll options dilute the actual results - Yes, I want... and Wouldn't hurt are pretty much saying the same thing, as do When the car audio... and Hell no!

Don't judge me for being quiet - no one plans a murder aloud.

Offline BobsYourUncle

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
Option 1,3 and 4 = No. option 2 and 5 = Yes , not diluted, rather different view points to the answers.
The results are unexpected really as I thought the majority would want to protect the forum from an influx of "BOOOM TISSS" refugees.
Forum allows car audio posts, thats good enough, no dedicated section needed
    5 (19.2%)
Yes, I want a dedicated car audio section
    9 (34.6%)
When the car audio guys move in, the rest move out
    3 (11.5%)
Hell no!
    4 (15.4%)
Wouldnt hurt

The poll options dilute the actual results - Yes, I want... and Wouldn't hurt are pretty much saying the same thing, as do When the car audio... and Hell no!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:00:21 PM by BobsYourUncle »

Offline Katji

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 06:19:32 PM »
Separate section under Audio/Video Hardware.
Car audio only, of course. Car performance etc. topics will not happen - it's not audio and so such subsections would not be created, and it's the moderator's job to stop any such non-audio threads.
However,...it might require some major moderator work - so it's only ok if there is someone who would take that responsibility.

Offline Nikkel

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2016, 11:04:06 AM »
No problem with a dedicated Car audio forum..I know Joel is big time into car audio..let him moderate
^^+100

Use to love reading his articles in SpeednSound magazine!

Offline Andrew

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2016, 03:13:06 PM »
The results are unexpected really as I thought the majority would want to protect the forum from an influx of "BOOOM TISSS" refugees.

Hmm, that's a good case of stereotyping... Car audio isn't all about "BOOOM TISS". A lot of guys spend a lot of money, time and effort to create a high level of audio quality in their cars. Joel visited the offices a few months back with a colleague of his who'd equipped his bakkie with a stunning sound system. Car audio isn't just about creating insane SPLs.
Don't judge me for being quiet - no one plans a murder aloud.