Author Topic: Highly recommended seller.  (Read 122447 times)

Offline ludo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Highly recommended seller.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
guilty as charged...

Ha! Bet you've never had an Afrikaans bloke explain German pr0n archetypes to you before  ;D

On the morrow I shall make another attempt to go forth and buy stuff from you. Hopefully with more success. Last time I failed to make it that far.

If it 's going vrot, put it on the buffet ! - Fats

Offline vincent h

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
Bought stuff from
Vertigo and Shonver. Great sellers.

Today a cr7 slipped trough my fingers :'( :'(  So unfortunately i can't add a 3d person here today.

Online Shonver

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 09:45:21 PM »
I hope I don't leave out anyone here:

Norval
Gert (gbyleveldt)
Stepan Hesse
Guillaume/Croak/HiPhibian

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline ghostinthemachine

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+13)
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 06:36:56 AM »
I hope I don't leave out anyone here:

Norval
Gert (gbyleveldt)
Stepan Hesse
Guillaume/Croak/HiPhibian

and you Shaun?
Inactive

Offline frikkie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 07:44:06 AM »
and you Shaun?

Shaun's good - he even delivers... 8) ;D
Sometimes I drink a glass of water... Just to surprise my liver.

Online Shonver

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
Shaun's good - he even delivers... 8) ;D

Except to Polokwane (sad story with GITM).

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline ghostinthemachine

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+13)
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 11:58:32 AM »
Except to Polokwane (sad story with GITM).

Uhm... Lydenburg...  ;)
Inactive

JacoP

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:38 AM »

Navarchus

Offline ...

• Account Locked
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
Not a sale but a big thanks to Daniel Weston, after his informative post in the Fifa thread on getting tickets and a few pm's as well as sms's , I go tickets to the match tomorrow.
Thanks Daniel, you have made my week.

Offline Willi

• AVForums Veteran
    • Kangaroo Digital Graphic and Web Design
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
A few forum members with whom i have had trouble free transactions. I can recommend anyone to deal with them

I can offer my personal recommendation for Shonver and DrGfinger.

Online Shonver

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 12:33:55 AM »
Ian R

Promised the amp was well cared for... well it was like unwrapping a new amp, yessir! Looks brand new. Good price, too! Highly recommended.

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Offline dotVIBE

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
Yep, Shaun's a pip  ;)

I'll post a pic some time of the re-vamp i gave the sub I bought from him.
Town of the Cape

Offline Gramophone

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
Bought stuff from
Vertigo and Shonver. Great sellers.

Today a cr7 slipped trough my fingers :'( :'(  So unfortunately i can't add a 3d person here today.

May I add that Vincent H is a great BUYER :-). So passionate about this hobby!

"Midnight is where the day begins"

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 01:57:46 PM »
Hi Guys

Nice to read of all the good outcomes in this here 'intimate' forum (I like that ;D).

Please keep what I have to say within the forum. I't going to be real ugly and not yet over for me. Some of you are also members of other forums where I hang and indiscretional posts elsewhere may severely prejudice me.

The story:

I've decided to make my life less complicated and make more space by disposing of 'junk'  I may never get around to restore. So, I decided to sell one of my 401's to a buyer outside South Africa.

I took the pics as it came off the shelf from any possible angle in with good lighting. The bloke very quickly sent me a mail "I Want!!" and we agreed on the price, which included shipping by EMS. I sent him also a lengthy mail with comments and pics of every single item which will have to be attended to, being unsure of his diy skills and the facilities in his country.

The sale was unusual in the sense that it was the first Garrard idler I convinced myself to let go, and also the first turntable where I did not do any cosmetic improvements to.

Anyway, while I waited for his payment to appear in my account, I did a whole lot of work on the 401 over nearly a week - all as a bonus to the buyer and completely outside my obligations to him.

For example, I chucked the idler wheel in my lathe and renewed its edge surface, I made the turntable spotlessly clean (It was already presentable but I did the job again), The strobe light was missing and I ordered one from RS which arrived ex UK very soon (Thanks to a gentleman here!), I made an exact replica (two, in fact) of the 401's strobe light cover, I re-routed its mains cable according to its correct routing, I rinsed out the bearing and replaced the still clean oil with new twice to get the unit to run exactly to speed and finally I remade the old felt ring oiler around the spindle and probably a few other things I left out.

All the while, keeping the buyer informed with pics and text while I waited for his payment.

On a recent Sunday night, I started packing the now transformed plug and play beast and finally finished the Monday morning and strapped the quadruple layered carton shut.

Later that day, I received a disturbing mail from a mod at another forum. The buyer complained that he had dealings with me regarding the purchase of a 401, that he sent the money and that I have defrauded him, that I am an international scamster and crook and that the forum should be warned against me.

In the meantime, the buyer and I still exchanged pleasantries and emails but after almost 10 days of enquiries with my bank, there was still no payment.

I then asked the bloke to send me proof of payment on my bank's advice forms mt103 or mt199.

After another delay, I finally got a 'document' from the buyer with all particulars which are usually on such EFT docs - except it had no bank name on there, and my account number acquired an extra digit "1".

Of course, the money (if sent) has never been found. My bank went far beyond what I could expect from them to trace these funds. They have sent email upon email to the 'buyer' without reply and even telephoned him several times within his country's time zone to ensure he picks up his phone. The line is active as both Telkom International and I tried it.

As I write, there are two teams at my bank's forex investigations department working on the case.

Hopefully (and I have asked my bank to do this), would be to present the 'document' to the buyer's bank (the name is known) and ask them to verify it for authenticity.

Fortunately, the mod at the other place I go, has long ago more or less let me know not to worry, but this bloke (the buyer) has now really stepped over my own private 'line in the dust'.

Hopefully my bank would have made contact with the buyer's bank during the course of the week and truth will prevail.

Btw, I also tried to get the buyer's country's trade consul to convince the buyer to cooperate with my bank, but the bloke said it's not part of his 'consular duties' - I always wondered what these po@phols actually do for a living.

Please guys, the matter is not yet over. If you find what I wrote of interest, lets discuss just here.

Beware and be safe!

Intimately yours ;D

mafioso

If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »
OOps

I think this post should be moved to a more appropriate thread I've just seen.

Regards

mafioso
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx