Market research

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schalk

For all colors of Music valveaudiosa.com
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is an attempt from me (Valve Audio) to "plumb" the market here in South Africa. I've been around for 16 years now manufacturing amplifiers of all sorts and sizes. Finally whittled that down to a range from integrated medium power to massively powerful monoblocks, incorporating a range of phono stages and pre amplifiers. Even power cables in the mix as well. This in terms of stockholding and keeping up presents a huge financial outlay which quite frankly I cannot sustain any more, unless I either increase prices substantially, or cut down on the range. Only problem being, which models to face the axe? All of these are popular and being sold regularly, but numbers per model sold per year, does not necessarily warrant the ongoing production of some models. I guess only I know the answer to the question of which is to be discontinued. I'd just like a "popularity vote" from the actual end-users who might be posting on this forum, as to which models they'd like to see around for some time still.

I have to be sensitive about this, as there is also the chance of VA getting a foot in the door with some 70 international outlets under the guidance of a pretty influential international manufacturer. My feeling is though that the preferences of our local circle of enthusiasts might be a good representation of what the typical enthusiast abroad might prefer as well. My association with Music Direct has already confirmed that guys "over there" think much the same as guys over here.

If I might impose please?  :D :-[

Currently the range consists of:

Exclam? at 100w/c
Predator at 250w/c
Black Widow Pre
Black Widow Power at 250w/c
Black Widow Mono at 800w/mono
Trinity fully balanced pre
Genesis fully balanced pre
Genesis Power at 1000w/c
Whisper Phono in different configurations