Author Topic: Vote for a Car Audio / Car HiFi section in the AVForums  (Read 3097 times)

Online naughty

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Vote for a Car Audio / Car HiFi section in the AVForums
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 09:50:25 AM »
SnS was a cesspool, sorry to be frank

i have no problem with you saying that .... because it was

BUT

theres no reason to believe that any car audio section started here will land up the same .... since for that to happen it needs to be allowed to .... what im saying is that if it is effectively moderated (like the rest of THIS forum) then it wont be allowed to  ;) 

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 09:51:51 AM »
.... what im saying is that if it is effectively moderated (like the rest of THIS forum) then it wont be allowed to  ;)

Very true,

Yet people still complain about the moderation style of this forum.
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Enigma_2k4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 09:53:44 AM »
Yet people still complain about the moderation style of this forum.

Its a South African forum, have you ever met a South African that didn't complain about all and sundry?  :whistler:

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
Its a South African forum, have you ever met a South African that didn't complain about all and sundry?  :whistler:

One that doesn't live in South Africa :point:
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Enigma_2k4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 09:56:24 AM »
One that doesn't live in South Africa :point:

hahahaha! Touche!

Offline Timber_MG

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 10:22:20 AM »
BWS, reserve a forum reg "Mutti" for the mod for this section. Perhaps put them on classifieds duty to harden them up a bit while they're at it.

Some of the nicest guys had a car audio meetup about 5 years ago (I remember RS4 was there and a few others) so if that kind of a culture can be present, that'd be great. If this forum were to attract the overflow from what remains of SnS (much like some sites that officially allow politics/religion/current affairs discussions took on tons of trolls from news sites comment sections closing) this forum would be at a loss imo.

Offline EXTACI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 10:10:16 PM »
The issue was certainly not only the SPL crowd. Over at SnS the brand punters, infighting between dealers and installers and the low level of discourse on the one hand and on the other the quarrels played a large part in dissuading the adoption of a Car Audio section. Joel was about the only meaningful contributor there and I doubt whether he spent much time.

The responses so far is very valid . What I and many of of the others suggested is that we have a Mobile / Car  Hi Fi / Sound Quality section just on advice for a good sounding system in a place we spend many hours of our time.  I have been a member of this forum for many years , as a observer , so understand the Home audio industry . The reason why we ask now ,is now about SNS , its about an extension of AVSA into the mobile space 12V/24V . this could be boats /caravans /vehicles etc. What we trying to achieve is an extension of your listening room to your mobile space. because you all are spoil with the quality of sound under roof that every thing else just does not measure up.

What you know , in HI FI is not the same in Mobile audio as there is a while lot of other variables and considerations to look at .Even the cabling  is different

I also hate installers and resellers soliciting their ware ,and I also hate the fact that there are members and commercial member that spend all their effort and time advising and help , for the passion of audio , but installer and resellers ,who contribute to nothing get recommended . Commercial members must get first recommendation and preference before anyone else , because someone has to keep the lights on of these forums.

Offline BobsYourUncle

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+31)
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2016, 08:54:07 PM »
When the car sound guys move in, the rest move out...
The forum allows car sound topics. I think a dedicated section for car audio is too much and would attract the wrong crowd.
Lets face it, car sound isnt exactly associated with class.Not saying that everyone who is into car sounds is dodgy, but overall the crowd is totally different to the hifi/audio visual crowd. I honesty prefer the grumpy old men rather than a bunch of BOOOOM TSSSSSSS loving teenagers.
Its like that tequila audio clip, you let the tequila shot in, and the whole family pulls in when noone is looking, next thing there is a hell of a party!

Perhaps someone should start a poll and let people vote on it. That would be he most accurate way
If we have a dedicated section , then we might aswell have a sound off in the parking lot at the next diy /speaker shoot out meet. We cant have it at the vinyl fair because the lp's will keep skiping from the vibrations. Lets not stop there, lets have a pimp my ride section where we can discuss the best cams, fee flows and boot spoilers and discuss our drag racing times. Im being a little obnoxious. I like good quality audio in my vehicle, but feel that car sound would somehow "cheapen " the forum. I value all this forum gas to offer, especially the DIY section, the problem solving and ofcoarse the classifieds,
My opinion
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:23:41 PM by BobsYourUncle »
Kempton Park, Estrand,GP