Author Topic: Kneejerk Censorship on this forum?  (Read 659 times)

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
Kneejerk Censorship on this forum?
« on: January 31, 2016, 04:51:38 PM »
I may be writing under correction and specifically refer to my Speed Services post.

Although I edited my last post in this thread a few times for grammar, I'm almost sure part of a paragraph included the words 'Penny Sparrow effect' or similar which has now apparently been edited out by an unseen finger poised over a keyboard.

There's been numerous contentious posts - especially in recent times - discussing religion, corporal punishment, politics etc and especially posts ganging up and allowing disparaging remarks against forum members including myself.

Unless I edited out 'Penny Sparrow' myself or did not do so, what in heavens name was contentious about this? The terminology was used to illustrate the uselessness of calling Telkom's trunk enquiries number 1023 and the frustrating difficulties in getting the answerers to understand whose telephone number you require.

If my reference to "Penny Sparrow" was indeed edited-out by a forum moderator, will the responsible moderator collective please stand up and explain your reasoning?

skollie
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 05:21:51 PM by Skollie »
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
Re: Kneejerk Censorship on this forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 07:22:59 PM »
It was removed due to complaints being received.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/