Author Topic: How do you like your new NuPrime?  (Read 9949 times)

Online juventino

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: How do you like your new NuPrime?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
The NuPrime DAC10-H is one amazing DAC/amp. although i still prefer my tube pre, it is an accomplished pre-amp and by no means not an enjoyable listen.
the DAC side of it is crazy good, on par or very close to the T+A
incredible detail, separation , instrument placement, really good base, and remains very musical and easy to listen to.
crank the volume and it just keeps the sound stage growing no loss of any detail.
absolutely love it.

compared to the DAC9, the first thing that comes to mind is the law of diminishing returns. the DAC9 is a good DAC and in it's price range possibly the best there is, including some of the high end used equipment bargains.
the cost of the 9 to the 10 is a big jump but all i can say is there is something special about the 10 and to me it is worth the investment.

sorry no time to waste on the computer i must go and listen some more.

Thanks for your info very much appreciated.
I am well surprised that you say it equals or very close to the T+A.

Definitely going to have to go audition the Dac10
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline itscraig

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 12:40:13 PM »
Thanks for your info very much appreciated.
I am well surprised that you say it equals or very close to the T+A.

Definitely going to have to go audition the Dac10

swing past and have a listen

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »
Wonder if 13Hof has the Dac10 (non H)? :whistler:

Online achim

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 02:16:03 PM »
......I m not 100% sure but Joel maybe has.....?

I am in Germany just now for a heavy teeth operation......tomorrow is the day....uuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :'(

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »
......I m not 100% sure but Joel maybe has.....?

I am in Germany just now for a heavy teeth operation......tomorrow is the day....uuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh :'(

Thanks Achim - I will check with him. I'm not a headphone guy and the non H model is a bit more affordable.

Arghh dentists - I have some bridgework coming up - not looking forward to it. - All the best! :thumbs:

Offline itscraig

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
you will not be disappointed, it blows most of the other suff away, it is a subtle but so noticeable difference to the DAC9, it retains it's musicality but digs out so much more.

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »
you will not be disappointed, it blows most of the other suff away, it is a subtle but so noticeable difference to the DAC9, it retains it's musicality but digs out so much more.

Your recent comments to me about another dac with regards to sound stage has made me listen more carefully now..

Can't  afford a T+A Dac8  so the Nuprime Dac10 might be a consideration if it turns out to have good synergy in my system. :thumbs:

Offline itscraig

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 06:13:26 PM »
Your recent comments to me about another dac with regards to sound stage has made me listen more carefully now..

Can't  afford a T+A Dac8  so the Nuprime Dac10 might be a consideration if it turns out to have good synergy in my system. :thumbs:
the DAC9 is i would say already ahead of the W4S, but the DAC 10 is very close to the T+A, i cannot see that you would be disappointed. it really punches above it's weight
for the money it is worth it.

sorry i started you listening closely now. >:D

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 07:28:00 PM »

sorry i started you listening closely now. >:D

:ticked: :point:

Yes - have to blame/thank the Dac9 as well.. really like the way it places things clearly..

Funny how one's ears get "re-calibrated" every now and then. :thinking:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:31:17 PM by WD »

Offline itscraig

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 07:46:25 PM »
just glad you are enjoying whatever you are listening to.
loving the DAC10
not a fan of the remote though, but almost never use it, well lets rather call it a magic wand.

Online achim

• Commercial Member
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 08:44:39 PM »
....This Remote is so expensive and so unpractical and heavy...thats true...but some people love exactly that (I don't)

But while you guys testing the DAC 10..... I also hooked up a DAC 10 with my Martion "Orgon Horns"....so even I m 10.000 miles away...we re doing the same thing ;)

My Orgon Horns I know pretty well..... Martion Horns are not very known in the Audio World...but Heiner (Martion) is a Dinosaur in Horns...together with Alfred from Acapella the veterans in this field.
The set up plays in my old stable....and on purpose I use an old old Saturn CD Player as a transport, kept cables nice but very simple and
wow.....after 3 days this set up starts to play together.

It sounded very average when I unpacked the "cold & new" DAC10...plus here in Bavaria it is freezing cold... after 2 minutes listening I left all ON and left the stable.
Now 3 days later.....what a different....this DAC 10 plays in a very high league.....compared to an old Gryphon Pre (7 times the price) the DAC 10 does a pretty good job as a Pre/DAC. It fits in this system and its able to be a kind of conductor to my Orgon Horns...

The DAC 10 delivers fine and finest details, the lower end is well balanced as well -its definitiv not a spectacular sounding Pre/DAC which is good to me. My judgement so far is that Balance is my magic word...its a very well balanced component

The set up is doing what I expect from something "new"..... it invites me to listen more and more. I searched for lots of titles which I want to listen to.....and I will and I will report -even my english audio fool vocabulary isn't very rich :)

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline itscraig

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 09:14:42 PM »
....This Remote is so expensive and so unpractical and heavy...thats true...but some people love exactly that (I don't)

But while you guys testing the DAC 10..... I also hooked up a DAC 10 with my Martion "Orgon Horns"....so even I m 10.000 miles away...we re doing the same thing ;)

My Orgon Horns I know pretty well..... Martion Horns are not very known in the Audio World...but Heiner (Martion) is a Dinosaur in Horns...together with Alfred from Acapella the veterans in this field.
The set up plays in my old stable....and on purpose I use an old old Saturn CD Player as a transport, kept cables nice but very simple and
wow.....after 3 days this set up starts to play together.

It sounded very average when I unpacked the "cold & new" DAC10...plus here in Bavaria it is freezing cold... after 2 minutes listening I left all ON and left the stable.
Now 3 days later.....what a different....this DAC 10 plays in a very high league.....compared to an old Gryphon Pre (7 times the price) the DAC 10 does a pretty good job as a Pre/DAC. It fits in this system and its able to be a kind of conductor to my Orgon Horns...

The DAC 10 delivers fine and finest details, the lower end is well balanced as well -its definitiv not a spectacular sounding Pre/DAC which is good to me. My judgement so far is that Balance is my magic word...its a very well balanced component

The set up is doing what I expect from something "new"..... it invites me to listen more and more. I searched for lots of titles which I want to listen to.....and I will and I will report -even my english audio fool vocabulary isn't very rich :)

it definitely gets you playing more and more music.
very very impressed with the DAC10 it is the ability to dig out the detail and still stay so musical that makes it magic.
other DAC's can tend to lose the musicality when digging out so much detail.
it is a sure winner.
glad you guys convinced me to take the time and not just settle on the DAC9.
thank you both.

Offline nvw

• AVForums Member
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 07:52:12 AM »
You must try it. It is a great DAC. Have compared it to Levinson 30.6, Lampizator and NAD M51. Easily compares to top end dacs.

Online juventino

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 10:13:07 AM »
swing past and have a listen

Will definitely take you up on that.

Its a pity that the nuprime drivers for windows doesnt allow you to A/B 2 different nuprime products
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline itscraig

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 10:21:17 AM »
Will definitely take you up on that.

Its a pity that the nuprime drivers for windows doesnt allow you to A/B 2 different nuprime products
not using USB so bring cables and we can plug into the pre and do A/B