Author Topic: Pathos Acoustics  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
Re: Pathos Acoustics
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:30 AM »
Mama Mia,ma dis mooi goete!  :drool:

En klink obviously as classy as they look!
Dryf jy Triton's damee Willem,of vry jy na een v Stefan se nuwes?
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline eldene

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 02:40:21 PM »
Absolutely stunning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Don't try and fool an old fool

Offline eldene

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 02:48:59 PM »

Not as beautiful as the TT , but definitely one of my favourite amps and a perfect match for my speakers.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:09:56 PM by eldene »

Offline nvw

• AVForums Member
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 07:20:26 PM »
Thank you for the kind words. Pathos built it with a satin top plate.and transformer covers, chromium knobs and black side panels with a faint hint of silver flake. They really made it special. Bang up to date. I am sure Stefan asked very nicely. The sound - marvellous.

Offline eldene

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 10:07:48 PM »

Not as beautiful as the TT , but definitely one of my favourite amps and a perfect match for my speakers.

Before the Pathos classic one ,i had a Mark levinson 334 power amp ,now this is a monster of an amp weighed about 50kg. It sounded beautiful with my Merlins ,but unfortunately i had to sell the ML due to unforeseen circumstances. Before the Mark Levinson i had a Plinius SA 50 MKIII on a set of Sonus Faber Grand piano's ,and they to sounded very good.
After selling the Mark Levinson i was left with some small change and started searching for a small amp, as it was all i could afford, and i said it will take me many years to get to where i was .So i started from the bottom,and after getting some advice from Stefan and Alleycat here on the forum i decided to settle for a Pathos classic one, .
When i hooked up the Classic one to the Merlin's, i was shocked at what i was hearing, it was just unbelievable .The synergy was just almost perfect, and the classic one did not have the authority over the Merlin's as the Mark levinson did but it had enough to make the Merlin's sing beautifully .I always underestimated the Classic one ,but after hearing it, i can live with it for a lifetime.
Thanks to Stefan at Airmusic for giving us the opportunity to have the Merlin's here in South Africa,although i don't think there will be any more Merlins after the death of their creator ,and also thanks to Stefan and Alleycat for giving me excellent advice on the Pathos Classic one.
Don't ever think that bigger is better ,and more expensive is better ,it's not always the case ,synergy is very important.

I think this picture belongs here

Offline Blue Bull

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Chris
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:14 AM »
Merlin Magic !! with synergy from the Pathos.How simple looking,how brilliant !! :thumbs:

You really really need Cardas Golden Reference sp cable .Bite the bullet and get some used ones from the States.Looking at R15k unfortunately..but worth it on the vsm-mm/sperbam .
Merlin VSM MXr Master BAM/Leben CS300F/Marantz CD63 MkII KI /MLevinson 36/Sony 790/PS UPC200/Transp Ultra PowerLink/SignalCable pwrcords/Monster M1500i M1000i/Transp Super sp c / Manley Stingray II/Revel M22/Cardas G Ref sp cable.The Gryphon Callisto 2100

Offline Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 12:09:42 PM »
Lovely setting Eldene,and I wld love to hear it!  :thumbs:

When I got my ET's,I actually hoped to get 2 Classic 1's to bridge,having heard one at a friend's place (driving SF's).
Off course to get 2 x 2ndh at the same time was wishful thinking,so I settled for a Predator again,which,as noted by some other members,has good synergy with planars,very happy with it!
And incidently,I was also very keen on what I read up on Merlin's at the time,but just couldn't afford one.  :sulky:

But owning any of the amps in the Pathos range,both for the high SQ and enchanting looks,is still on my bucket list...  :angel:
And I'm sure Willem's amp looks (and sounds) no less than gorgeous in the flesh...  :drool:

Offline georgev

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 06:52:32 AM »

My Pathos.

Offline georgev

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 09:51:58 AM »
InPol 2.
Loving It.
In my bedroom.

Offline eldene

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 10:04:21 PM »
I am really blessed, Stefan once again, thanks for making this possible,first the Merlins and now this,thanks so much for the excellent service and advice you are so willingly giving me .Also to Willem and Donavan in Bloemfontein for assisting ,thanks you guys are great.

Pathos TT Anniversary .

Offline nigredo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 10:51:15 PM »
Stunning Eldene  :thumbs:

Offline Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 10:57:44 AM »
You are indeed blessed,Eldene,and have aligned yourself with some top hi-fi allies!  :2thumbs:

btw,what happened to the Classic 1?

Offline eldene

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 01:55:51 PM »
I Thank you guys.
The Classic one was traded for the TT.

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »
For me Classic One by Pathos...and Simply Italy by Unison are both italians with big heart & balls. Truly italian beautys in any case but ..they can become beasts to those who dont believe in the authority and musicality of 2 little italians.

Forget about any entry level integrated......or better.... listen to all the Yammies, Daemons and Harman in the Cartons on this planet.... and than listen to these italians.....

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 06:05:24 PM »
A message from Pathos, Italy