How good is an Exclame ?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francois

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
disclaimer: I WILL NOT punt a product. I will not review one that I DONT find good to amazing.

I had the pleasure to sell a 3rd Exclame just a while ago, hence my urge to share my thoughts.

Soooo how good is it ?

Damn fricking good. It ran with a Krell 300i (no not the remote less one  :giggle:), Plinius Hautonga, Quad 909/24 and to me won the race.

So I pitched the little wonder nuprime. YES it has a DAC (so I used uDSD on Exclame  :EGrin: ). The nuprime holds a speaker better, controls it with iron fist, hence faster bass, definitely. The nuprime has more detail but much less airiness, delicacy. On some songs on wrong speakers it will be a tad fatiguing. But I never felt like switching it off and do something else. The Exclame has a better midrange.
THIS amp makes me sit down and listen more and more.....  :clap:

I was so surprised at the sound! The look on peoples faces when the first note falls! (Oh and make sure you start with a great song too)

A lady friend just burst out in laughter!

I am/will find one for myself and this one Im KEEPING!! I cannot for the life of me see any competition under R30000! Isnt there any way we can convince VA to put them in production again ?  :notworthy: It just puts a smile on my face...instantly.
I just cant believe that only in 2015 I met this little wonder..... :-\

Latest posts