Author Topic: Valvesound Preamps  (Read 18552 times)

Offline valvesound

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • A EUPHORIC EXPERIENCE
Re: Valvesound Preamps
« Reply #90 on: July 18, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your suggestions. It would make like much easier if I don't put any small lettering engraving on the front panel. So I will definitely consider your thoughts.

Cheers, Willem
Please contact me if you are interested in any of my products to transform your enjoyment and experience of high end stereo

Offline VALVAGLO

« Reply #91 on: July 18, 2016, 12:25:51 PM »
@ Willem (Valvesound)  I know many people like a good looking piece of kit and I am one of them, but even if you built me a "plankie" version of this preamp, I would buy it , the sound and detail not to forget how good it generates bass is so realistic ,that this is one time that the look makes no difference.

I would hang it up on the wall like a piece of abstract art. I will supply a piece of teak to use as the "plankie"
"A man without tools is like a fish without a bicycle" Quote from Jim Gore

Offline Atjan

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2016, 02:33:33 PM »
I like the look of the amp, fwiw.  :2thumbs:

A few people seem not to smaak the font (looks a bit retro), so it may be worth considering options.

Certainly this is a piece of kit that seem to get unreserved good reviews, I'd love to hear it some time.
It's only hifi people....

Offline xumbug

« Reply #93 on: July 18, 2016, 07:21:46 PM »
I'd love to hear it some time.

Me to :rubhands:
SDA Acoustics loudspeakers, Audio Research Ref 3 Pre amp and Ref 210 power amps, Bel Canto VB3.5 Dac, Pathos Endorphin cd player, squeeze box touch.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #94 on: July 18, 2016, 09:20:37 PM »
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your suggestions. It would make like much easier if I don't put any small lettering engraving on the front panel. So I will definitely consider your thoughts.

Cheers, Willem
:thumbs:...the "Valvesound" part must stay as is!....just my opinion of course....try one,I think you will be quite impressed with the outcome and you save some money as well.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline valvesound

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • A EUPHORIC EXPERIENCE
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2016, 03:27:20 PM »
:thumbs: ...the "Valvesound" part must stay as is!....just my opinion of course....try one,I think you will be quite impressed with the outcome and you save some money as well.

I think that is what I will do. easier.... cheaper..... less hassle and will suit more people.
Please contact me if you are interested in any of my products to transform your enjoyment and experience of high end stereo

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2016, 11:08:07 PM »
How are things going sire?
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline valvesound

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • A EUPHORIC EXPERIENCE
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2016, 08:29:14 AM »
Hi KK....things are all well thanks.
The revelation 3 has matured with a lot of people demo'ing the pre-amp in their systems and the feedback has been extremely positive  :groovy:
The design has moved from a proto-type to a production ready unit as there is one single PCB now housing all the components in stead of various small boards being interconnected.
A new chassis to fit all the components easily and neatly. It still has the same look only slightly larger.

Cheers
Willem

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2016, 07:39:02 PM »
Fantastic news Willem...all the best! :thumbs:

Offline JimGore

« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2016, 03:41:27 PM »
I have been meaning to write here for a while but somehow haven't had the time...  Rather late than never!

Some background:  I am a bit of a skeptic when it comes to listening to other people's things - my system is at a reasonably high level of performance and resolution and most components people bring around just don't do too much for me.  This has tainted me a bit over the years...

A while ago Willem brought over his preamp for me to listen to in my system.  All I can say is that I was pleasantly surprised to be proven wrong by Willem's creation.  The pre-amp didn't just deliver the goods in terms of performance - it actually gave me an emotional response (the very best kind) to what I heard and that is something very rare indeed! 

It is a truly remarkable piece of kit he has come up with - I can not praise the man and his work highly enough!  Well done my friend  :thumbs:

Kind regards,
Ian.

Offline valvesound

• AVForums Grandmaster
  • A EUPHORIC EXPERIENCE
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2016, 04:17:59 PM »
Thank you very much for the encouraging words Ian. It is great to get feedback from another set of ears and also the opportunity to test in other systems and environments to validate what one thinks you know  :dance:
Cheers mate  :dop:

Offline Nirvana

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
Baie bemoedigende feedback van experienced ears,Willem!   :cleansound:

Voorspoed met jou projekte!  :2thumbs:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural