Author Topic: Airmusic: Home of Aedle, Pathos, Rosso Fiorentino as well as Air Loudspeakers  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Music lover and involved in industry
    • Airmusic
Although we have met many of you over the years and have been chatting in the various forums, it might be good to also communicate more formally from time to time around Airmusic's products here in the commercial section. The intention is not to overload you with marketing pitches, but rather to keep all in the loop with news, promotions and special offers.

The history of Airmusic needs some explanation and our roots are important to let you all know that although small, we have been going for a while about 20 years. First it was Audio Directions, then Classic Audio Network and for the last few years, we have been trading as Airmusic. The names changes do not mean much, merely how relationships were formed, and how some of my partners moved. Over the years Proac, EAR, Audio Analogue, Meridian, Primare were part of our basket of products, and we are still proud of those associations. Pathos Acoustics has been the cornerstone of what we do, and we have been promoting Pathos for the past 18 years, since I bought the first Twin Towers in 1996/7. I will open threads for each of the brands with time, but Pathos prides themselves with an "Unorthodox Approach" with the INPOL circuitry at the heart of this all. Aedle is a niche headphone company, handmade with real artistry and French flair from Paris, and Rosso Fiorentino is a young loudspeaker company from Italy who in our opinion is going places. Air loudspeakers are homegrown passion products which is more a labour of love than anything else. You will see the common thread through all the products, even the ones we no longer deal with, it's about sound quality, style and value. I am happy to say we have good relationship with many of the local players that  do what we do, but also people who build support furniture etc. Our network  extends internationally and we have business relationships with many well know suppliers to the industry.

The SA market is small, just visit the Netherlands, and see the number of magazines on the shelves, but the SA market is alive and well. Many passionate audiophiles and music lovers and we are happy to be part of it.

Offline BJ

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+8)
I met Stefan for the first time, early 90's, at my shop, Audio Counsel in Fourways. A real gentleman,  with a taste for quality and the finer things in life.
+20 Years later, and nothing has change. Still importing fine audio lines aimed at the connoisseur.
If you bumped into the man, his humbleness and genuineness are two characteristics that stick.
His knowledge and passion for audio not lacking far behind the former.

Stefan, I wish you all the best with your latest venture,  RF. May the product find there way to many a happy home.

Rgrds
Ben
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline Blue Bull

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Chris
Stefan is the type of designer/manufacturer/importer/dealer/enthusiast/dreamer /visionist  I like to deal with....

Have bought a Audio Analogue Analogue Primo Settanta (VERY good with Revel M20s)and Pathos Logos from him ....and my Merlin speakers are all due to the fact that he once mentioned it in conversation.I did research and the rest is history .. Merlins 2004 and 2011.He imported the 2nd pair for me and helped me with the first pair.My current Merlins will be in my house for a VERY long time .

Now,for the affluent members of our forum ....how about some Verity Audios Stefan  ????  ;D
Merlin VSM MXr Master BAM/Leben CS300F/Marantz CD63 MkII KI /MLevinson 36/Sony 790/PS UPC200/Transp Ultra PowerLink/SignalCable pwrcords/Monster M1500i M1000i/Transp Super sp c / Manley Stingray II/Revel M22/Cardas G Ref sp cable.The Gryphon Callisto 2100

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Re: Airmusic: A short visit to my Dutch counterpart
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 08:06:10 PM »
I received a warm welcome and spent an insightful afternoon with Wim van Kraanen my counterpart in  The Netherlands (Analogue Audio Products). We shared experiences with products, talked about the synergy between products and listened to some great music. The dinner with him and his wife was also memorable. Wim carry Pathos Acoustics, Rosso Fiorentino and also some other brands from mainly Italy.

It was refreshing  to have a transparent view of a different market with no attempt to over inflate sales figures. None of the bullshit of I sold 10 last week and I can't keep up with orders, or this is the next best thing to slice bread- you must have it. Wim is experienced and has  a balanced view on the market and brands and his business model work in Holland, I believe. We also talked about problems with a brand or even product within brands. Locally I have come across sweeping statements that were made by other importers about some of the products in my basket and i was keen to establish what the facts are in Europe. I am happy to report that we are in agreement of what problems are typical and what are rumours propagated by others.  We have agreed to share information in an attempt to foster collaboration to the benefit of our customers, for example, to share solutions about common faults in products and also to share workarounds or preventive measures.

Of course, I floated the Air speaker concepts and designs with him, and i come back more inspired and excited about the project.

Lastly,  i also identified a few sleepers, based on his experience and sales stats that I will keep an eye on.

I will post some pics I took in follow-up posts. Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:13:38 PM by Air »

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Some Old friends, happy to see them in a different market.  :)

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Some family members, extended family members and some new acquaintances ;)

Offline Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
Damn,inderdaad soos Ben se "a taste for the finer things in life" ne!  :drool:

No wonder this forum has a 'good whisky thread'...
Offered all of these,and their MAIN aim is supposed to be aural pleasure  :giggle:

Aesthetic designers rub their hands when they see audiophools approaching!  :point:
Somehow just so reassuring when it sounds AND looks good...  :2thumbs:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline Air

• Commercial Member
    • Airmusic
Nirvana, thanks..
Style with substance I think and besides making something looks nice does not need to cost more, only attention to be paid to the aesthetics as well.  :)

Offline Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
Well.imo,if the aesthetics befit the integral quality of the component,it ads value and pride of ownership.
Besides,most guys have the WAF to consider!  :drool: :cleansound:

Cheers,lookin' fwd to another hi Q 'made in SA' showpiece!
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural