What to do with single monoblock valve amplifiers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
What to do with a lot of single valve monoblocks

As a ?collector? of valve amplifiers, I will keep single monoblock valve amplifiers with the hope to one day find another one to make up a pair.
So during the years the collection became bigger and bigger and only collects dust in the garages.

I am not referring to the more well-known ones like Quad, Radford , Leak because one may in time find another one.

I am referring to ones like RCA, Theta, Sterne and others.

For example: I have a single Theta Power Amplifier model SCN OPT Made in USA. It uses 6550 (KT 88) output valves in a near mint working condition. A link to these amplifiers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FMMk6QQ63s

These amplifiers are rare and I only know of one pair in South Africa that belongs to a forum member.

Most of these single monoblocks are KT88, KT66 and 6L6 ones.  There are also ones with other output valves. 

Why keep it:

To maybe find another single one.
Use its output transformer if one the current ones needs one (maybe the best reason).
Lately it seems that more and more people use a mono amplifier to drive an AV centre speaker.
Sell it to somebody the needs one to make up a pair.

Or just sell the lot.

I would like to have some suggestion regarding this ?problem.?

Maybe somebody has the same ?problem?