Author Topic: New Products for 2016 ?  (Read 10318 times)

Offline HBAutomation

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: New Products for 2016 ?
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2017, 08:37:03 AM »
A good hour's walk should do the trick...just take a big dog.
Ja and as you go along waking up the entire neighbourhood with a cacophony of dogs barking should get the  blood flowing! :fuse:

Offline vleisman

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2017, 08:47:32 AM »
Welcome back Oom,

Please don't go jogging on the road - dangerous, ineffective and damaging to your health. Please read this article if you have a spare moment: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/05/27/get-fit-in-six-minutes-per-week.aspx

Excerpt: Three Minutes of HIIT Is as Effective as 150 Minutes of Moderate Exercise

A 2016 study1 involving three groups of exercising men — a control group, a group doing sprint interval training and a group doing moderate-intensity continuous training (MICT) — underscored the value of HIIT.

After 12 weeks of workouts, the researchers concluded that three minutes of interval sprints per week (totaling 30 minutes in the gym) was as effective as 150 minutes of MICT, improving insulin sensitivity, cardiorespiratory fitness and the mitochondrial content in skeletal muscle to the same extent.

HIIT also triggers mitochondrial biogenesis,2 which is important for longevity. By reversing age-associated declines in mitochondrial mass, you effectively slow down the aging process. As you’ll see later, this even includes some of the more visible signs of aging. As explained in my new book, “Fat for Fuel,” because mitochondrial dysfunction seems to be at the core of most chronic disease, activities like HIIT that support mitochondrial biogenesis will strengthen your body and help it fight the ravages of time.

Just be sure to allow ample recovery time between workout sessions because as intensity increases, frequency needs to diminish. Doing HIIT more than three times a week can be counterproductive.

Intensity Is the Key

The key that opens the proverbial door to all of HIIT’s health benefits is to make sure the intensity is high enough. McMaster University exercise physiologist Martin Gibala, who has led many HIIT studies, describe the intensity required as “sprinting from danger-kind of intensity.”

In other words, you need to give it all you’ve got, but only for about 30 seconds, repeated four to six times with a minute or so recovery time in between sprints. Your actual exertion time ends up totaling just two to three minutes per workout session.

In one HIIT study, participants increased their endurance capacity by 50 percent on this kind of program. Typically, your VO2 max will improve by 10 to 15 percent in as little as a few weeks. Blood pressure and body composition also typically improves in that short amount of time.

The improvement in VO2 max is largely dependent on the adaptation of your mitochondria. They’re what allows your body to process greater amounts of oxygen, resulting in greater energy production and thus power, strength and endurance.

Not only does HIIT boost the number of mitochondria in your cells, it also improves their function and replaces old, worn-out mitochondria with new, better-functioning ones. Tests reveal subjects were able to increase mitochondrial function by 30 percent in as little as one month of HIIT.

While the above information represents the current conventional view on the value of intense exercise, I have learned that it needs a radical revision to optimize long-term health.

A far wiser approach would be less intense exercise more regularly. I describe my current view on intense exercise in the last section, and have a video to expand on it. Rather than going all-out two to three times a week, it is far more rational to do it two to three times every day for three minutes. I am convinced that spreading the exercise out over time is more beneficial.

Offline Chingy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • PM1
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2017, 08:13:46 PM »
Welcome back.

We missed you. Is it possible to add this option to my preditor, Exclamé 150 with phono first .

Craig

Offline diklip

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • www.hazelfoodmarket.co.za
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2017, 09:17:50 AM »
Ready and selling (not this one, off to Vancouver)
Fully balanced topology input to output
4 x 6DJ8 or variants
Paper in Oil coupling caps
Phase cancellation volume control
Has option of 1 XLR / 4 RCA,  or 2 XLR / 3 RCA inputs
Remote
Dimensions: W 450mm, H 110mm, D 330mm

Retail set at R42 775

What is this, a Black widow integrated.Sorry for being dof.Looks freakin awesome.

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • valveaudio@absamail.co.za
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2017, 06:26:09 AM »
Black Widow Pre that is.

Offline VinylHead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2017, 06:51:39 PM »
Believe me it sounds awesome as well,  now playing in Vancouver....

Offline Rockit

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »
I can second that. Now playing in Joburg too!
VERY nice sounding...

Online Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2017, 10:47:26 AM »
^^  :envy:

Golly,she looks tempting!!  :drool:

Would love to ad Cape Town to the list of Music Mecca's...  :cleansound:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline Rockit

• AVForums Member
« Reply #68 on: June 30, 2017, 03:55:30 PM »
You will NOT be dissapointed.
Quite the very opposite.
Sound =4(+) X Cost

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2017, 09:45:33 PM »
Hi Guys, finally picking up the tools again and turning up the wicks of my workshop lamps. Only thing now still troubling us here is my wife's brother Theo who is sliding away into a coma. We expect the end soon.

Then you all may call me bad names and vrot manufacturer or whatever you will. I'll take it on the chin and come out delivering what has been on order for so long. Forgive my absence here please, have taken a jab or two to try pick up my mood by spouting some stupid humor on some other threads these past few days. If I ruffled a feather or two, well thats OK I guess, 'cos feathers are meant to be ruffled.

Vinylhead (bless your Vancouver Soul), Rockit from the launch pad of JHB, and of course the Nirvana guy from Cloud 69... thank you for your support during these times. I'll communicate soon with you guys, sometime after what lies ahead this weekend or next week.

Bless you all and thanks for using VA, regardless of the fact that I might be a bit quirky at times.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2017, 09:56:34 PM »
Sorry to hear about the unpleasant times you are experiencing Schalk. One must be thankful for the happy times spent together when all was well.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Schalk

• Commercial Member
    • Valve Audio
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2017, 11:00:48 AM »
Sorry to hear about the unpleasant times you are experiencing Schalk. One must be thankful for the happy times spent together when all was well.
-F_D

Thanks Eric, all done now. He passed away at half past ten last night. Of course lots of stuff to organise this week re funeral etc, but life goes on.

Online Nirvana

• AVForums Veteran
  • Very Addicted
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »
Sorry to hear about the loss in your family Schalk. Sterkte met die reelings ens.

And then all systems go again for producing more of the stuff that takes some of us to cloud 9...  :groovy:

ViVA VA,ViVA!!!  :mates:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline Rockit

• AVForums Member
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2017, 08:37:28 AM »
Our sincere condolences.
Regards

Offline LINNtastic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member