Depresion and suicide ...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oradba69

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
..two words I had mauling in my head since Saturday evening.
It brings up emotions that I usually suppress and move right out of my head asap.
On Saturday evening we had friends over for a braai when I got a sms that my dear old friend Francois Kellerman died on friday the 15th.
I was shaken up but kept a straight face to my guests and only bawled my eyes out when things got quiet in the house.
Sunday morning I phoned his brother who informed me that he hanged himself on friday.
I knew Francois for about 20 years and have 2 pairs of speakers in the house that he built. He was eccentric but highly intellegant. It was always a revelation to sit down and chat to him about anything under the sun but especially loudspeakers and guitars.
He went through a bad divorce a few years ago that finally cracked him. He totally withdraw in himself and the long chatting visits was reduced to a short stopover to drop of speakers for me to listen to or pick up something I had to make for him in the garage. He preffered to communicate via email and this once lecturer at Oracle Academy was reduced to a lonely person living with his brother.
He actually became a grandfather end of last year and his relationship with his 4 daughters was always difficult to gauge.
Friend, you will be dearly missed, but always remembered when I play Eva Cassidy (who he introduced me to) through your wonderfull speakers.
Hope you have found the peace you were chasing.

:(