Author Topic: The gift of a Roon membership!  (Read 8865 times)

Offline XL1000

Re: The gift of a Roon membership!
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2017, 11:22:36 AM »
Hi,

Anyone interested in doing this again? I have just signed up for the trial and it really is as good as everyone says

So are there still chaps wanting to get the 5 User 20% Discount? I am keen and ready to buy.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline dekardy

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2017, 12:21:19 PM »
So are there still chaps wanting to get the 5 User 20% Discount? I am keen and ready to buy.

I'm game.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »
Man I am all too eager - jumped in when JR said there are no more discounts available.
Just purchased my lifetime membership.
Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline Tirion

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2017, 04:57:24 PM »
You won't regret it

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2017, 06:12:20 PM »
Thereís a small discount (10% I think) for 3 or more licenses.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2017, 08:58:05 PM »
Iím ok thanks. All in and currently getting to grips with the architecture. So far I am impressed and can see the appeal it has over JRiver. LMS has served me well. This takes it to the next level.

Offline georgev

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2017, 08:27:25 AM »
Is the special still on?
If so, I would be keen.

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
If you can gather 3 people wanting to buy lifetime membership there's 10% discount in it.  This has been the case for almost as long as I can remember.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2017, 05:22:14 PM »
Sorry I could just not wait - I have three days off work this year and I wanted to get setup and playing as fast as possible.
Already scanned my library and it ran really quickly as I possibly don't have too much content but Tidal is making up for this very quickly.
Also scanned using all 8 cores so maybe that helped. Really enjoying the experience so far.

No to get Roon to see my SBC. - All sorted and Man is this awesome... :2thumbs:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:49:15 PM by XL1000 »

Offline CAD

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Keep Calm,Be Quiet and Listen to the Music
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2017, 06:40:58 PM »
Nice going ,enjoy bud  :thumbs:
The way of the warrior is NO match for the way of the wife.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline XL1000

« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2017, 07:02:29 PM »
Nice going ,enjoy bud  :thumbs:

Thanks Tony - Bringing back such good memories from when I used to DJ, reading up on Artists, collaborations with others, history etc.

So much better than anything i have ever had the pleasure of using. So, also very surprised as to the quality of the Tidal tracks from Roon Core on Mac Mini to Squeezebox over WiFi. The 20/20 Fibre does help usability. Truly impressive. Still have a little electrical noise to get rid of but it's endemic across the whole house I am afraid to say.
Its an intermittent "Buzz" in short bursts if less than a second. Mmmmmm. Filter the mains supply? Even hear in in the ceiling fans when on.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2017, 07:21:44 PM »
Aaron, the 'buzz' you hear is quite probably the Municipality using a ripple relay to switch your geyser on or off during peak periods. They send short tone bursts over the AC mains every so often to households throughout the day in order to accomplish this. Are you aware of a little 'black box' in or around your AC DB board?

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline XL1000

« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2017, 07:27:25 PM »
Aaron, the 'buzz' you hear is quite probably the Municipality using a ripple relay to switch your geyser on or off during peak periods. They send short tone bursts over the AC mains every so often to households throughout the day in order to accomplish this. Are you aware of a little 'black box' in or around your AC DB board?

-F_D

I am indeed, I reported it as faulty as the wires are bridged, yes I found it that way shortly after moving in.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2017, 07:41:53 PM »
Bridged wires means that someone got annoyed due to no hot water in the geyser and therefore shorted the unit out. Illegal to do so, so perhaps keep a record that you reported it soon after moving into the house. If no council action, I would rather just leave things as they are, at least you will have hot water on demand.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/