Author Topic: The gift of a Roon membership!  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
The gift of a Roon membership!
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »
As a lifetime subscriber to Roon I have the opportunity to acquire one-year and lifetime membership gifts at a discount of 30%, 40% or 50% depending on number of memberships acquired.  What it boils down to is set out below.  The first $ amount listed below is what it'd cost you as an individual if you were part of a 1, 3 or 5 membership bundle, the 2nd $ amount is the cost of the bundle.

1 year membership:
1 gift membership 30% off = $83
3 gift memberships 40% off = $72 / $214
5 gift memberships 50% off = $60 / $298

Lifetime membership:
1 gift membership 30% off = $349
3 gift memberships 40% off = $300 / $898
5 gift memberships 50% off = $250 / $1248

The next release (imminent) will fully integrate Squeezebox support without needing LMS so your Squeezeboxen can act as DACs or transports to a separate DAC.  Numerous hardware manufacturers are also incorporating support for Roon streaming directly into their audio products so you can simply plug and play.  If you're using PC to DAC playback Roon will slot right in.

So, if you're keen to acquire Roon this is your chance to do so at a discount.  If you're keen please reply below indicating whether you're happy to go standalone or only if there's a bundle (and if bundled 3 or 5 or 5 only).  I'll collate orders in sequence received and make the payment from my side...the provisio being 1) I know and trust you to reimburse me and 2) you'll reimburse me your portion of whatever it is that ultimately hits my card when the USD price appears on my statement as ZumARse.

The special ends this weekend so if you're keen throw your hat in the ring.  FWIW I get nothing at all out of this and I have no commercial or other interest in Roonlabs...it's just that good you owe it to yourself.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 04:03:41 PM by Rotten Johnny »
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Online Mervin

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • Security Audit and Control Solutions
Re: The gift of a Roon membership!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 03:40:55 AM »
I am keen
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:18 AM »
Folks, please state your interest here rather than by way of PM or email...trying to collate a combination of PMs, emails and forum posts is a nightmare (been there, done that...not doing it again).
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Online Mervin

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • Security Audit and Control Solutions
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 08:13:08 AM »
I am in on the lifetime membership. The squeezebox support seems the tipping point  :thumbs:
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 08:22:07 AM »
Worth mentioning that not only is Squeezebox integration working (I'm using it in testing) but that there's a Windows headless server for those that want it and the Linux server is also getting close to release. For me that means a single pc housing Roon server and my music collection, all controller via my Google Nexus 10. Can't wait.

Offline Rodney_gold

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
My biggest issue is that roon wont run on my old ipad or the Dell xps 13" puter I use as a controller , have they fixed that yet.. ? not sure about my galaxy note II , never tried it.
I would be keen on a lifetime if that has been sorted
Roon/tidal > SBT>DIRAC ddrc 22 > 2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1's ..fully treated room

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 01:09:33 PM »
Roon does not run on 32 bit iPads and that's not set to change.  Re running on a laptop/ pc if you're running the GUI version it comes down to your hardware and Windows setup supporting sufficient screen resolution.  Not sure what the max resolution of your laptop is and also not sure what resolution you've got Windows running at.  See minimum hardware requirements.

Since you last tried it they'e released a headless server for Windows and OSX.  Why don't you try installing the Roon headless server on your laptop and Roon app on your Galaxy Note II.  If it installs you can control proceedings from the Galaxy and the Squeezebox integration will be released any day now.

Offline oradba69

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Lerange
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 03:17:48 PM »
I am on a 1 year membership. If I can get a lifetime at a discount I am in.
Manufacturer of Audio Video furniture.
Importer and distributor of Trichord.
http://www.lerange.co.za

Offline Tirion

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 03:40:48 PM »
I am keen for a lifetime membership at a discount.
You don't know me (Martin Reeves) I am new to the forum, but am a client of Andre (BK) and Francois (Alternative Route).
Many thanks for the offer.

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 04:04:35 PM »
You don't know me (Martin Reeves) I am new to the forum, but am a client of Andre (BK) and Francois (Alternative Route).

:thinking: Now I'm even more skeptical  ;D

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 04:06:15 PM »
I am keen for a lifetime membership at a discount.
Many thanks for the offer.

Alternativeroute's name is Jacques... you have been dealing with an imposter! :o

BK is not a valid character reference... :giggle:

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »
Folks, if your'e thinking about jumping in you've got till around 9pm tonight before I fall asleep, the special ends and regular pricing resumes:
Annual Membership $119 / year
Lifetime Membership $499

Offline Tirion

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 07:06:23 PM »
Sorry Jacques, I don't know where Francois came from!

Offline oradba69

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+4)
    • Lerange
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 05:44:55 AM »
Thanks Evan. Wish we could get 5 people but done and dusted. Lifetime membership done. Never paid this much for software but I see it more as an excellent extra HiFi component than just software. Hope the future is bright for Roon.
Manufacturer of Audio Video furniture.
Importer and distributor of Trichord.
http://www.lerange.co.za

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »
Yip, just needed one more and you'd all have been in major bargain city. You all paid less then I did anyhow  :dop: