exploding manuels as new

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterhond

R.I.P. August 2020
Reaction score
Received this from a friend that spends too much time on Gumtree.

To all those people listing "exploding" Sony Explod items, or Dual View decoders "duelling" or items without remotes, or "brand new" items "still in the box" that are "unwanted gifts" because you are "emigrating" or "relocating" or "going overseas" or radios without faceplates or faceplates without radios.
 We're on to you, we know you want to create the illusion that you have this amazing item that you just don't want or need, but face the facts, those words that you misuse have over time acquired other meanings.
 I'm not talking about the guy that has been trying to sell an "Akia" and an "Integrade" amp with a "manuel" - he's probably just mildly dyslexic.

Here is the translation:
Repeatedly miss-spelling brand names: You're in such a hurry to get rid of it you can't be bothered, neither will I. Also, you're stupid.
Items without remotes: Possibly stolen by a bad burglar that couldn't find the remote in the dark. How do I know? I've never heard of anybody that has" lost" a remote since they were invented, they normally turn up sometime. And if you tell me the remote has stopped working (after years of clicking), why are you calling the item "brand new"?

Radios without faceplates: My heart breaks for you and other victims.
Faceplates without radios: Give back the guy his faceplate you dirty thief!

All those people that are moving - don't think we believe you, we will still come looking for you if you sell us crap or stolen merchandise, we will.
Then, to those people selling stuff "still in the box", surely you mean "back in the box"? Otherwise we'll have to get you some help for your shopping addiction - buying stuff and then not using it is a very bad sign. Why don't you just go exchange it if it is still "brand new" and "never used"?
Also, explain to me how an item that was on the shelves 5 years ago can be labeled either "brand new" or even "top of the line". The whole world has moved on to the next "brand new" and the new line doesn't include your sorry overpriced piece of.....

To be continued....
I feel so much better now.

Oh almost forgot. Who gets a 10 grand widescreen tv as an "unwanted gift"? - get real.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D