Author Topic: Media server choice and set up  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Mistro

Re: Media server choice and set up
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 12:40:04 PM »

That's how mine looks like with the standard skin at startup, the link Zealot posted pretty much sums it up.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." - Plato
"Music is love, love is music, music is life, and I love my life. Thank you and good night." A.J McLean

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 01:23:36 PM »
Thanks Naughty for the idiot's guide.
Is there a way to have both profiles available all the time? What I mean is if I switch on my preamp is I wouldn't want to switch on my screen to go choose the profile. I would like to switch on my preamp and it draws from the Hifi profile and When I switch on the processor it draws from the movies profile without having to go to Kodi to choose a profile I wanna use at that time
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Online naughty

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
Thanks Naughty for the idiot's guide.
Is there a way to have both profiles available all the time? What I mean is if I switch on my preamp is I wouldn't want to switch on my screen to go choose the profile. I would like to switch on my preamp and it draws from the Hifi profile and When I switch on the processor it draws from the movies profile without having to go to Kodi to choose a profile I wanna use at that time

i dont think that what you want done is likely .... you have to switch profiles each time you want to use a particular profile

you dont have to quit each time ie you can just click on quit but as i said earlier then log-off and that takes you the alternative profile selections - so its one quick procedure to change profiles ..... you will get used to it ..... but then again i use my PC a helluva lot so maybe thats why its easy for me .... but truth be told i generally use apps that are way harder to use than these media playback ones so maybe thats why these seem so easy  :nfi:

ooo...thats pretty.

you mean the Kodi skin - wait till you see the other stuff it does ..... just an example

movie selection in "Coverart mode"

TV series in "List mode"

music library in "Icon mode"

Album view in "list mode"

Home page

pretty damn good looking interface when you set the skin up properly .... thanks to Trompie67 for finding the skin  :thumbs: .... i would still be using Aeon nox otherwise, which is not bad but nowhere near as easy to use as this one

Offline BWS

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 03:18:54 PM »
It disturbs me that you have Jupiter Ascending in your library  :point:
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Online naughty

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 03:23:55 PM »
It disturbs me that you have Jupiter Ascending in your library  :point:

its apparently got a Dolby Atmos soundtrack  ;) ..... have to test out those overhead effects (in my case without the overhead speakers though at the moment  :( )

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 09:41:50 PM »
I have been able to create profiles as stated above but I find that the audio settings are universal and. It specific to the profiles. I have Hifi and movie profiles. I tried to set the Movie profile to send audio to AVR Processor via HDMI and Hifi profile to send audio via usb to Rotel stereo preamp but it's no working according to plan. If I'm on Hifi profile and set it accordingly the same audio setting transfers to the Movie profile. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Marantz AV8801|Rotel RC1570, RMB1585 and RMB1565| B&W 804 Diamond, HTM2 Diamond, DB1 and 685|Harman Kardon BDT30|Optoma HD25E projector| Audioquest CV4 speaker cables and Mogami XLR| HP Microserver

Online naughty

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 09:46:15 PM »
I have been able to create profiles as stated above but I find that the audio settings are universal and. It specific to the profiles. I have Hifi and movie profiles. I tried to set the Movie profile to send audio to AVR Processor via HDMI and Hifi profile to send audio via usb to Rotel stereo preamp but it's no working according to plan. If I'm on Hifi profile and set it accordingly the same audio setting transfers to the Movie profile. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

in theory the profiles should work separately but i havent played around with it too much since i still use Foobar for my stereo music usage ie its way better than Kodi for that specific purpose

i will play around with those Kodi profiles and let you know whether i can get them to work seperately and specifically for individual audio settings .... give me a day or two

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »
in theory the profiles should work separately but i havent played around with it too much since i still use Foobar for my stereo music usage ie its way better than Kodi for that specific purpose

i will play around with those Kodi profiles and let you know whether i can get them to work seperately and specifically for individual audio settings .... give me a day or two

Thanks man

Offline rocherowland

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • Music > Components
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »
Is kodi a lot better than plex? Ran plex for a while stopped -now I use iTunes
Secondly does anyone know of a program to get meta data from music videos automatically?
Life is Great!!!

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »
Secondly does anyone know of a program to get meta data from music videos automatically?

I dint know about plex but Kodi is better than iTunes

Offline scrarfussi

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »

the creater of the music video file would have to put metadata on the file .
kodi has a scrapper for music videos .
plex and kodi are similar but plex everything is paid for
kodi freeeee
suum cuique pulchrum est

"Then Said my heart here will i take my rest."

Offline TimbaLand

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 08:03:51 PM »
Timba

Keep Kodi!

Setup two profiles on Kodi, one for "Movies" and "Hi-Fi"

On the Movies profile you select HDMI as audio out.
On Hi-Fi profile you select analogue/your internal soundcard or USB/optical connected DAC.

I have the same setup and it works like a charm  :thumbs:

This is an old thread but I thought I should share how Iím now using Kodi for both music and movies using one profile without having to toggle between profiles. My HTPC is always on and it plays music or movies on demand. 

Under settings I went into audio and did the following:
1. Audio Output Device has been set to WASAPI: SPDIF - SPDIF Out (Rotel PC- USB). This sends all stereo recordings to stereo preamp
2. To send multichannel recordings to processor I did the following:
- under audio settings I scrolled down to Audio Passthrough option and set it to On
- I set passthrough output as WASAPI: HDMI - Marantz AVR
- Selected On under Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD

Offline KKAN

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 09:54:15 AM »
old thread yes, but very helpful to me :2thumbs: I had really missed out before using this software :wallbreak:

Just a quik question regarding the profiles. my android remote only works on master user, can someone explain what i'm doing wrong?

Offline KKAN

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2018, 10:57:32 AM »
ok, so I found that in the profile settingsmedia info and media sources needs to be set on 'Shares with defaut'
still cant figure out what happened to the black glass skin though. Amber is really nice