AVForums Website > Turntable Guy

In touch

<< < (2/5) > >>

alternativeroute:

--- Quote from: surfsup on November 10, 2015, 03:32:11 PM ---How do we get in touch with this magician?

--- End quote ---

Got some details here: www.turntableguy.co.za and if you want a running commentary  :point: www.facebook.com/turntableguy

--- Quote from: chrisc on November 12, 2015, 03:44:14 PM ---What is a thumbsuck price to service a Linn Sondek LP12?  Working order but not touched since 1985. Has an SME arm

--- End quote ---

I would have took. I mainly judge prices on the list price of the car that drops off  :point:

Seriously though. It would really depend on what the table needs... Linn parts are not cheap but at least they are readily available  :2thumbs:

--- Quote from: BK on November 13, 2015, 09:12:56 AM ---Chris,simply closing any windows in the vicinity of the table will be an instant upgrade and improvement.Even the lightest Spring breeze makes them go tati.

--- End quote ---

For clients that are willing to PAY I even rub down Linn cables with Tiger balm and treat the complete unit holistically with Impepho (to ward off bad Hamish Robertson spirits)...

MusicMan_ZA:

--- Quote ---I mainly judge prices on the list price of the car that drops off
--- End quote ---

I had a guy arrive on an old scooter that wouldn't start when he left - I had to push him down the road, with the turntable on his knees.
(At least it was only a Kenwood...).

Kent Kassler:
If it was a Linn he would have returned :point:

alternativeroute:
Talking of Linn. This is one is sounding awesome!

and looking pretty damn good too  :whistler:

MusicMan_ZA:

--- Quote ---Talking of Linn. This is one is sounding awesome!

--- End quote ---

I like those Signet carts - is it a TK-5E?

--- Quote ---If it was a Linn he would have returned :point:

--- End quote ---

Ja, well, it's not like that hasn't happened!  :whistler:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version