Perhaps in the new year ....

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampdog

R.I.P. 23 June 2022
Reaction score
I have been sitting here on simple circuits, valve and semiconductor, for phono stages. There seems to be little electronic construction going on judging from the general impression given by forum members. Still, these might be handy. I will draw them up neatly and present in the new year.

They are not exotic, but with noise figures of about -70 to -80dB should be interesting and useful for home constructors. Especially with such circuits noise level will be quite dependent on the quality of layout/build - no p.c.'s for now, also only MM cartridge input.

[Rant: I frown when seeing the complexity/cost/overdesign of some like exotic devices. Again just for the record, I have a MM/MC unit on the limited market, giving -85dB noise figure for MC, switchable input impedances, and including a low cut-off (22 Hz) and switchable sharp cut-off low pass filters cutting at 10kHz, 7kHz and 5kHz for those still with scratchy records. Headroom about 26dB, size is about  280 (deep) x 67 x 45mm, selling price quite below R10K. Go compare.]