Author Topic: Foobar made very easy  (Read 29463 times)

Offline Wietsche

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Member
Re: Foobar made very easy
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2017, 06:21:51 PM »
Hi,

I found a website where the settings for Foobar2000 in general, and in particular for DSD related settings, are simply put and well documented without the loss of important technical details. It was also recently updated, like less than a month ago.

Have a look at the sub-links in this page:  https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/digital/pc-software/

There are 3 links on this page, that I am actually referring to, but I did not link directly to them as I foresee that they will break at some point in the future if they update the versions:
> Foobar 2000 for Dummies (Part 1) General Setup
> Foobar 2000 for Dummies (Part 2) Playing DSD New SACD plugin (0.9.x Series)
> Foobar 2000 for Dummies (Part 3) Playing DSD (Old 0.8.x series)

Hope this helps someone with their setup.

Cheers,
W

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2017, 04:10:10 PM »
we may as well unsticky this one since Photobucket is playing stubborn - it wont make sense without pics so unfortunately its not really going to help anyone anymore .... hope that an admin sees this and is able to comply with the request

if anyone wants to use Foobar anymore then let me know and i will see if i can redo this post with some new pics which i will post at Postimage.org .... but till then this is now rendered completely useless because of the reliance on photos for most of the explanations .... so its not worth a sticky anymore

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2018, 02:50:55 AM »
Im not sure who locked this topic but i saw that i was able to unlock it so since i had something to add i did so .... i hope that this was okay since i dont want to step on any toes

since i did already do a post on the updates to Foobar but the Postimage.org went belly up so that thread is now useless as well but those pictures do exist on Postimage.cc .... so heres a bit of an update on how Foobar can now look with all the new versions and skins

the latest version of Foobar is available at this link

http://www.foobar2000.org/download

you can download the latest version of Tedgos skin from here

https://tedgo.deviantart.com/art/DarkOne4Mod-v1-637189138

the download link is as here here circled in red

this is what the skin looks like as default

then this i what shows up as View window 2 with the Artist pictures appearing on the right if you have them stored in each albums folder

to install the skin once you have downloaded it you just need to unzip the downloaded file and it will give you a PDF file with install instructions which are pretty easy and the only thing you might need to tinker with once you install the skin is text size .... to do that you look at the pic above and looking at the bottom section you will see a button with three parallel lines in the left column - clicking on that brings up options where you will then follow :

File => Preferences as circled in red below

then follow these steps to get to a text size option (you can adjust the Font too with no problems) and then apply those and the skin is ready to use and enjoy without much else to do

remember though that in every one of my tagged album folders i have a Folder.jpg which is the album cover and an Artist.jpg picture which is an artist picture which is what is ghosting in the background on the right side column

like so

i hope that anyone following this thread can now see the pics since photobucket apparently is showing up once again and i hope you can see the Postimage,CC pics of the updates - if not then please let me know and if anyone is interested then i will see if i can repost those via IMGUR

« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 02:56:23 AM by naughty »

Offline Clarity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2018, 07:42:01 PM »
I'm very impressed. It has added a whole new feel to using foobar. Thank you.