Author Topic: Foobar made very easy  (Read 17714 times)

Offline idm

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Foobar made very easy
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2016, 12:10:10 PM »
@naughty, please will you advise as to changing the media library seekbar size. I have managed before, for some reason now I can not seem to find it.

Online naughty

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »
@naughty, please will you advise as to changing the media library seekbar size. I have managed before, for some reason now I can not seem to find it.

which seekbar are you referring to ie i only know of the waveform seekbar ..... maybe if you describe what you are looking for i may be able to help ie what does it do

Offline idm

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2016, 03:14:30 PM »
In the music library (on the left) on the main page, I think it's the scroll bar? For scolling the library the bar on the right hand side, default is extremely thin, how to increase the size of it?

Online naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2016, 10:20:09 AM »
In the music library (on the left) on the main page, I think it's the scroll bar? For scolling the library the bar on the right hand side, default is extremely thin, how to increase the size of it?

hello sir .... as per your request i have looked for a solution to your predicament and while i can find where it needs to happen i cannot figure out how to make it happen

I am assuming that you are using the Tedgo skin as i am using and so here is how far i got :

1) if you right click on the actual seekbar it gives you options to scroll
2) just right click a tiny bit to the right  of the seek/scroll bar then you get the following (dont go too far to the right since that just gets you to properties and configuration of the column you are in - you need to right click around a millimeter past the border of the scroll bar)

click on the upper option that says "splitter settings" and a new window opens up - in this window click on the last option on the right hand side that says "seekbar" and this is what you should see

now i tried adjusting the numerical values of the width and i ticked all the padding and ignore panel size limits and applied those but it still did not reset the size of the scroll/seek bar for me - so im assuming that theres an issue with my install or maybe im doing something else wrong

maybe you can try it and see if it works for you but i havent been able to adjust the width but i have a feeling that this where it should be done .... i will keep trying on another portable install and see if it works .... if it comes right then i will let you know .... if you get it right then i will appreciate it if you let me know what you did to get it right   :thumbs:

Online naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2016, 05:09:19 PM »
looking at my post above i think though that we should be looking for something else called scrollbar or something like that rather than seekbar  :thinking: because normally a seekbar will move the point that you are situated at in a track so possibly i could be wrong about that setting above

will keep looking for what you are after though .... as i said i will post here if i find anything else but i kept on playing around with that above setting and i messed up the skin GUI and had to reimport it so be careful with what you adjust unless you are prepared to start from default settings (not too difficult but can be time consuming to get all the settings how you had them)

Offline idm

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:18 AM »
Thank you for your effort in resolving this so far naughty. I have attempted those settings before and as you say, messes things up a bit, started from scratch a couple of times now  :sulky: . When I did find the solution a while back, I was just mucking about and found it by accident, if memory serves me right there is a tick box somewhere for enlarging the scroll/seek bar. I will keep trying and update here if any success.

Offline Yossarian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »

Just found the Foobar post now. For those with Iphone or Ipads this below will allow you to control Foobar with your iDevice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7WLdV-LNGs

Online naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2016, 12:25:38 PM »
some updates for Win 10 users pointed out by new forum member Wietsche can be found at :

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,58359.0/topicseen.html

Offline floydthebarber71

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2016, 03:51:15 PM »
I'm completely brainless with this stuff, but is there any easy way of playing your playlist via DLNA on your TV? I'm going to have a DAC/amp set up from my TV output, and I wanted to play the files on my PC through there, except the PC is across the room. I have played them manually through a separate playlist via Foobar DLNA, but the playlist clears when I close the program, and any equalizer settings do not affect the output on the TV at all...

Am I expecting too much here, or is this not possible or at least simpler?

Online naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:05 PM »
sorry - i cant help much with this because i just do not use DLNA at all ie it couldnt really stream all the formats i needed when i first started out and so i dismissed it as a particularly bad solution for me personally (which doesnt mean that others will not find it useful) so im sure you could find a way to do what you want to do if you really do some research on it

the only advice i can provide is that you can do a "google search" and you should come up with countless other people who tried the same thing as you are attempting .... and i havent really bothered since im not interested in DLNA or even UPNP which Foobar does support

for me personally Foobar is more geared toward getting an audiophile experience ie great sound as opposed to the convenience of DLNA so it might be easier to use other programs specifically geared to DLNA for that purpose even if Foobar manages the capability (once again im highlighting that its my personal opinion DLNA isnt really meant to be a better sounding thing only just more convenient)

apologies if the above seems to come across as snooty .... that isnt my intention, but to be honest as i said DLNA is just not my thing, hence i cannot really be much help with it, HOWEVER if you ever come across a solution that makes it work, i think that other people wanting to do what you are doing may appreciate if you do post the details of what you are able to find out  :thumbs:

EDIT : my DAC is on top of my PC source which is right next to my amp ..... if i was in your shoes with the PC across the room instead of streaming to a TV and adding a step (via what is to me an inferior solution ie DLNA) i would personally just use a long USB cable to use a wired connection directly to the DAC and bypass the DLNA stuff altogether which is a step that IMHO is not necessary .... truth be told i have tried using my windows tablet from my seating position to connect to my DAC using a 5 metre long USB cable and it works adequately well enough ie the source is totally across the room and it just connects directly to the DAC and theres no other streaming or transferring to other devices inbetween ..... keeps things nice and simple and IMHO easier with better results than DLNA and UPNP etc
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:41:07 PM by naughty »

Offline floydthebarber71

• AVForums Member
« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2016, 09:50:07 PM »
Thanks! I have done a ""google search"" and it's difficult to find a pleasant solution. I'll have to figure it out, a 5m USB cable is not an option either, sadly. Although it's not a train smash, the more convenient a setup is, the more likely/often you will use it...

Online naughty

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:37 PM »
heres some threads i found that might help you go in the right direction

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/foobar2000-interface-streaming-question-help-please-22092/

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-networking-networked-audio-and-streaming/foobar2000-interface-streaming-question-help-please-22092/

though they do mention that a TV is a poor method of streaming .... IMHO i would rather invest in a streamer like a Nuprime WR100 instead of trying to go through a TV This doesnt need DLNA but it will stream the files wirelessly from the PC to the Nuprime without needing stuff like DLNA etc - IMHO trying to make this DLNA stuff work is a pain since it rarely works easily .... its not a user friendly method of doing anything IMHO

in terms of this :

I have played them manually through a separate playlist via Foobar DLNA, but the playlist clears when I close the program

have you created and saved the playlist?

with all the pitfalls and headaches your proposed system config seems to pose i would rather just move the PC closer to the amp and be done with it - in fact i just have a microserver being used as a PC for media playback right next to my system and im using my 50" TV as a PC monitor .... its all so easy compared to what im reading in those computer audiophile forum threads  ;)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:23:58 PM by naughty »

Offline floydthebarber71

• AVForums Member
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2016, 10:58:46 AM »
Ah ok, thanks. Yeah it's complex, which I did not expect. Even once you get it set up, it just sounds like a pain to use. Sigh.

Moving the PC is just not an option so I'll have to figure this out! Apparently Jriver is more intuitive, but I see you also have to also pay for their controller app for iphone, which is just getting silly now.

I'll look at that Nuprime option, thanks. I really was hoping to avoid additional hardware/costs, so I will keep researching :/

Offline floydthebarber71

• AVForums Member
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »
Mmm I actually don't even know what kind of setup will maintain the lossless format throughout the whole chain, I'm not sure if some players or the TV itself will transcode something like flac to a lower quality mp3. Confusing stuff.

Offline kaptein oubaas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2016, 02:46:00 PM »