Audio and Video Talk > Acoustics and Room treatment

Room treatment??

<< < (4/4)

DRNB:

--- Quote from: egd on May 26, 2010, 06:09:16 PM ---If it was my living room I'd agree with your assessment, but I'm lucky enough to have a secluded room in the house to myself ...what else was I to do :-)

--- End quote ---

Comment was in lighter note, actually a complement on audio front. I can't exactly figure out whether perhaps you didn't like the remark? Don't take it too serious... Most of us are beyond the point of cure, especially those with dedicated rooms... (which I wish I could afford)....  :)

Rotten Johnny:

--- Quote from: norval on May 26, 2010, 07:05:16 PM ---Comment was in lighter note, actually a complement on audio front. I can't exactly figure out whether perhaps you didn't like the remark? Don't take it too serious... Most of us are beyond the point of cure, especially those with dedicated rooms... (which I wish I could afford)....  :)

--- End quote ---
Wasn't sure where you were coming from, but you're right, I derive a lot of pleasure from my audio goodies  :).

LAV:
Oops. topic derailed... :D How I know I'm beyond cure is when I'm tempted every time there's a decent bargain, like the DM640s or the Arcam power amp or Rotel surround processor or....you guys get the picture.... ;D

Back to room treatment...also something I posted questions about before, a large room I still have to tame, and lots to learn about room treatment. So many audio toy wishes, so little time (and money). Sigh.

Vaughan:
If you want to go DIY (well, partly DIY anyway), I would advise getting Ready Acoustic bags from Ready Acoustics.

You basically buy the fiberglass boards, then buy the bags which are made of suede so they look nice, put the fiberglass in the bag, zip it up and presto, you've got a proper looking acoustic panel that really does look nice. The bags are available in various colors.

http://www.readyacoustics.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_11_2

In addition to the GIK treatment, I bought 6 of these bags (2 bags hold 4" thick fiberglass), the other two hold 6" thick panels. Just my 0.2 cents if you're looking for an easy solution.

DRNB:
Just an interrestin observation.

Looking at Ethan Winters room setup guidelines, he recomend a seating possission of 38% from the rear wall for best bass. In other words 62% from front if possible.
Now taing the inverse of the so cold golden ratio, 1/1.618, and the answer is?......................... 0.618. In other words roughly 62%

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version