Happy Happy Chappy

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adie

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I really think I should have posted this under General Discussion as I'm probably preaching to the choir here.
I made 5 acoustic panels 1250x 835, with one 125x 480, for my smallish room- something x 4.something
Biggest upgrade ever.
I am hearing details in well known stuff I never heard before, with significantly more (non boomy) bass as well.
Although my room wasn't really boomy, what bass boom there was masked a lot- Tom Waits' breathy intakes for example.
My room is livelier than when I had curtaining along the walls, but control, control, control.
2 panels behind my backward radiating LFT8b speakers are Sondor Soundseal, with the small panel between- behind the centre speaker  and tv- of Sondor Quash. The LFT's don't have SBIR issues so nothing on the side walls. There are large arches either side anyway.
The panel behind me is Soundseal with 2 Quash panels either side.

Slight issue- the soundstage is slightly off to the left. My room has a few irregularities. I was going to make another panel or 2 but, hey, I have a balance control on my preamp... :D

We have a power failure and running off my pure sine wave genny (far away and quiet) is another plus right now.
For the maybe R3k max spent on 2nd hand panels etc., I have a far better upgrade than if I had spent significantly more on cables, boxes and other bits.

To quote Duke Ellington, I don't get around much anymore- and happily so.

Latest posts