Author Topic: Sony XBA3  (Read 627 times)

Offline AnarchyR

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
Sony XBA3
« on: October 06, 2015, 07:53:57 AM »
Hi Gents

I have a pair of the Sony XBA3 in ear headphones....
They have some good reviews... i actually enjoy listening to my music on it as my xperia Z3 phones plays flac so i loaded some of my tunes on there.
Find them quite comfy.

Want to know what you guys think of it? and would you guys consider an upgrade from here....

tks

Offline kamikazi

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Sony XBA3
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:54:46 AM »
Heard they were quite good! Honestly, I'd just stick with them if they sound good to you. IEMs generally provide very good sound at decent prices, you typically get better refinement with more expensive ones, but its not something one can always appreciate when on the go. Also good to have a pair of decent sounding IEMs that you don't mind taking on the road and can handle a bit of wear and tear.

Offline AnarchyR

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 09:20:56 AM »
@kamakazi

This thing looks like it can take a beating plenty of extras supplied.
was quite surprised with what it came with...

thanks for the input bud much appreaciated

Offline xenithon

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:53:05 AM »
For me the thing about IEMs is that the fit, comfort and the isolation are dominant factors to both the sound quality and the long-term listenability/enjoyment that it makes it difficult to make recommendations. Having said that, I have found the certain IEMs can provide incredible bang for buck. I have had a number of pairs of the Sony MDR-EX81, for example, which were very cheap yet extremely enjoyable.

I suppose it all depends on what you're using it for (office, home, gym, etc.) and your preferences (more bass, more neutral, etc.)

Offline AnarchyR

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 10:52:00 AM »
Its sounds quite balanced actually....  comfortable as well.

Use it for music at night whilst sleeping.

Offline kamikazi

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »
If you want something different to complement it you can always look at a dynamic driver IEM, balanced armature drives as in the XBA3 have a bit of different sonic signature. Maybe something like the Hifiman RE400 for $79 could be an interesting alternative.