Help with setting up a speaker switch with an amp and 2 pairs of speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFitJ

Reaction score
Afternoon all.

I really need some help and advice on setting up some speakers with a switch. I really don't want to blow up my amp or speakers by doing something dumb. I want to use a speaker switch so that I can use two pairs of speakers with my one amp.

I want to use them in my room and outside in my gym. I want to be able to turn off the music in my room and play it only in the gym and vice versa. I also would like to have both playing at the same time if possible.

A: My room only
B: Gym only
A + B: Gym and room at the same time.

Equipment

1. Proton integrated amplifier AM-452
Outputs RCA: 2
Inputs RCA: 5
Preout: yes
Speaker output: binding posts
EQ: Bass, Treble, Balance
Power: 25W/channel at 8Ohms
Weight: 5kg
Power consumption: 225W

2.  2x Wharfedale speakers CRS 3, 8 ohms, 100 watt

3.  2x Wharfedale speakers 30D.6 4-8 ohm, 100 watt

4.      4 speaker switch I couldn't find a two speaker switch in my area.

1. Connect speakers as per diagram into the switch.
2. Connect switch into amp.
3. Turn on amp and play music. If I need to listen to room A, I flip the first switch if I want room 2 I flip switch two. If I want both of them at the same time I have both on.

Can anyone tell me if this is safe to do with my equipment. I am not good at electronics so I am quite clueless. Is the switch I have found sufficient to do this? Is it safe? I personally don't need individual volume control in each area as I can just turn it up on the amp or the computer. I just need to be able to have all four speakers playing at the same time and also playing in isolation of each other.

PS. Sorry for the long post.