Dealers' vs Home Demos

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney_gold

R.I.P. 5 June 2018
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone in the CT circle of audiophiles that would ask for an extended home trial merely to hear a component or pull it apart or just to mess the mnfgr around , certainly I don't know anyone here that would damage a component out of negligence and would just send it back in that state.
At the end of it all , the reluctance to send an item for home audition based on these premises is tantamount to assuming the customer is dodgy right fom word go.
And why on earth would a mnfgr or importer want to have "control" in how the equipment is being used , surely it would be in the same context that the customer is GOING to use it? This context can easily be established on initial conversation with the user.
I think too many mnfgrs cop out , like saying the component needs 500 hrs of break in to sound good - thats like 2 months of lstening and by that time is passed , there is no option of returning it.
I'm not commenting on any specific mnfgr - don't know Schalk at all and have only heard good things bout his amps and service etc so please take my comments in a generic way and not applying to the thread title.
IMO regarding local stuff , it saves the country foreign reserves, creates local jobs  and also should offer the local consumer major bang for the buck so should be aggresively promoted , ubiquitous and accesible for test.