Valve Audio

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analogos

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I have been off the forum of late just to return and notice the heated debate over at the WaffleDale thread.
One of my very good friends and a few other acquaintances I know have bought equipment from the Valve Audio stable.
They have all purchased their equipment based on word of mouth or recommendation.
We live in a small country with importers and manufacturers operating with very limited resources and now with the current economic climate we are experiencing, those resources have just become even a tad more limited.
Expecting an "audition" in the 80's and 90's was sort of the norm, times have changed and the availability of demo equipment has been lost and become sucked away with that big pit of limited resources.
Taking a "stab" at Schalk at every given opportunity is actually a little shallow, me thinks.
The limited availability and the exclusivity of the product limits the field for auditioning even more.
That and the intention of those who would like to audition would certainly have me thinking very hard as to when, where and how I will make equipment available for an audition, whether I was a manufacturer, retailer or supplier.
I was and I am still in the market for a 911 S. there are no cars for me to test drive, saying this the local Porsche dealer is very happy to take me over to a clients house and said client is also only too accommodating and very proud to let me drive his car.
Will this ultimately help me make the decision, yes maybe so but in all honesty I know what I want and I know what I will acquire.
So my advice, pick up the phone, call Valve Audio and ask him where an audition would be possible, as I think and can assure you that a home audition at this stage of any game whether it being audio, video, appliances, lawnmowers or whatever floats ones boat, is simply a pie in the sky dream.