Media PC sotware requirements and recomendations

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma_2k4

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I am tired of having so many dam issues with my media PC, so, now I am going to consolidate everything into 1 nice easy to use section whereby (hopefully) those with media PC's can give me some inputs and opinions.

My requirements of my media PC are this:

1. Play TV thru media centre software off of the analogue (CVBS) input from Winfast DV 2000 TV card in the machine
2. Media library - It must have a good media library, for movies, series (they don't need to be seperate but it would be nice), music and pictures.
3. Music - for music it must be able to play FLAC files and must also have FLAC files into the music library (including tags)
4. Must look good! Preferably with options for downloading/developing alternate skins
5. Must be able to navigate it with a standard media centre remote control (hauppage standard IR remote)
6. Play full HD movies in MVK format with full 5.1 surround sound, preferably with DXVA acceleration.
7. Blu Ray support for my blu-ray drive (optional)

So, what software is everyone using themselves?

At the moment the best I have found is (surprisingly enough) windows media centre. My only challenges are the full HD movies (with DXVA acceleration), getting FLAC files to be in the library with their tags. Otherwise everything else above is covered except my stupid TV card which keeps giving me an error after 10 seconds of playing saying "low bit rate".