Author Topic: Anti virus  (Read 3720 times)

Offline kamikazi

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Veteran

Online Mervin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • Security Audit and Control Solutions
Re: Anti virus
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 10:47:35 AM »
Guys have a look at eset (Nod32) as I have been using it forever and prefer it.
I am using on both my PC and Android
Behind the cupboard door... Narnia

Offline Stephan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2017, 02:36:01 PM »
I have been using ESET Internet security for a couple of years. Works great and good pricing when you add a couple of friends
NAD 3020B | Monitor Audio BX5 | Maverick Audio Tubemagic D1 Plus | Technics SL-Q2 | Marantz NR1504 | Raspberry Pi 3 + HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro

Offline oNyX

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • All things vintage has history.
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2017, 11:17:19 PM »
Thinking of updating my antivirus on my home PC's.
Any ideas on good/reasonal packages available?

Comodo Internet Security, it's the only free full internet security package I know of. It also has a IPS built-in.

https://www.comodo.com/home/internet-security/free-internet-security.php
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 11:23:01 PM by oNyX »
Recapping of vintage equipment isn't restoration. By definition, restoration means returning to it's original condition.

Oh, what difficult hobby this is. When you hear something new you'll find yourself swapping out or upgrading kit.

Offline sam_i_am

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 02:22:59 PM »
Avast, together with Malware Bytes

Offline Curlycat

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+49)
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 06:54:18 PM »
Avast, together with Malware Bytes
+1

Offline Katji

• AVForums Veteran
    • soundcloud
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 07:08:55 PM »
Malwarebytes free/trial version nowadays is only good for removing malware/PUP that is already installed...already there.  Already there if Avast failed to stop it in the first place.

Sad but true: Avast chows more resources than anything else on my computer. ...except firefox, i suppose.
#SPOTIFYMUSTFALL

Offline Ampdog

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 04:38:33 AM »
Gentlemans   :notworthy:   :notworthy:

Not my field of expertise (if indeed I have one ...),

I use Avast and Malware-b....  Conflicting reports on Avast from you?  Perhaps then a tricky question, but can someone clarify please?  I do not use the internet often enough to want to incur cost - would prefer a 'free download'. I cannot say I have had problems with those two; Avast lists a problem picked up and dealt with now and then. (I am with Windows whatever number.)

Thanks!
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline [HpX]Nemesis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2018, 10:25:14 AM »
Get avast

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2018, 01:11:21 PM »
Independent tests have shown that Windows' own built in "Windows Defender" is as good and mostly better than 3rd party offerings , free or paid for.

It's all I've been using for the last couple of years with no problems at all. Felt a bit strange at first after years of buying into the anti virus vendor hype.

Did online scans from F-secure and Kaspersky every couple of months to be sure - but after a while cut that back to maybe once or twice a year. So far I've had zero incidents or infections - going on 5 years now.

Offline frikkie

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 11:14:50 AM »
Independent tests have shown that Windows' own built in "Windows Defender" is as good and mostly better than 3rd party offerings , free or paid for.

It's all I've been using for the last couple of years with no problems at all. Felt a bit strange at first after years of buying into the anti virus vendor hype.

Did online scans from F-secure and Kaspersky every couple of months to be sure - but after a while cut that back to maybe once or twice a year. So far I've had zero incidents or infections - going on 5 years now.

+1. Windows Defender gets a bad rap. Absolutely no problems in many years now. And I'm not the world's most careful Internet user.

I fully recommend it, and in fact, have convinced many people to uninistall their costly and resource-sapping 3rd party AV products, and every single one has been completely happy with WD.
Sometimes I drink a glass of water... Just to surprise my liver.