Speaker Kits

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decibel

AVForums Member
Reaction score
About two weeks ago I asked Kay (Pavel) if I can make an offer to forum members to indicate that I have designed some speaker kits for sale. He gladly agreed, and I can now announce that they are available at present.

There are currently two options, a 2-way bookshelf and 2-way floor stander. The range will be expanded in the coming year depending on the success of this venture. The kits use Infinity Dynamic drivers, which are good entry level drivers from a local supplier, and also present good value for money as a result. Many experienced forum members have used these drivers in their own designs and seem to report favourable results so far. The kits are aimed at those who would like to enter into the DIY speaker arena and learn how to build their own speakers at a relatively affordable cost, without having to invest in expensive tools.

The kits will, for now, be made on order only, and turnaround times will be about two weeks, depending on availability of stock.

If you are interested, please go to the website at www.decibelaudio.co.za for the details on the kits. Payment is handled through the Bid-or-Buy portal at the moment, but I will accept direct correspondence from forum members through this forum.

I hope this venture will make DIY speaker building more accessible in our country, knowing that parts are hard and expensive to come by at the best of times.

Please feel free to make comments (hoping they will all be positive of course  ;)) and ask questions in response, and I will try and answer them as best I can.